• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Howsie

International Captain
I don't really have an answer as to why this is either... I thought it was something to do with pitches, and perhaps ND and Otago have more bowler-friendly wickets and use some sort of logic (?) that argues they should play more bowlers as a result. But Auckland have more batsman-friendly pitches and do the same thing.
For Northern Districts, since Bruce Martin left anyway, we've been forced to pick five front line bowlers because the spinning options just haven't been good enough. If Vettori was available all season for example, and you took away his ability with the bat I'm pretty sure we'd go with the three quicks, Vettori, and an all rounder, be that Verma or Mitchell. As it is though I don't think you could get away with three bowlers and an average spinner and still do enough to win.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah good to see him actually scoring some runs for Auckland; averaged in the 20s for them before this game.
I'm just happy to see him scoring 100's tbh. He managed four or five for Derbryshire, a couple in Zimbabwe, and now a big one here. Spread out over two different formats but good to see nevertheless.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It'd only be Kitchen. And Parlane didn't score runs in the last match, so it's one of those things.
Play him instead of Bhupinder Singh. C Martin, Mills, Bates, CDG, B Martin and B Singh is a stupid attack. Guptill is seen as a genuine part time option now as well. It'd basically fix all the problems with their current lineup too.

Mike5181

International Captain
It should be

1.Tim McIntosh
2.Martin Guptill
3.Andrew de Boorder
4.Neal Parlane
5.Anaru Kitchen
6.Gareth Hopkins+
7.Colin de Grandhomme
8.Kyle Mills
9.Bruce Martin
10.Michael Bates
11.Chris Martin

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Kane. A majestic 284*, then casually goes and takes a wicket in his first over. Having a good game, you could say.