• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Williamson could go on and make a triple here especially with the pace that Anderson is batting at suggesting that a declaration won't be coming anytime soon.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
De Grandhomme must be thrashing the ball around - 85 (73) now. I thought he was only good for a quick 30 and out. Has overtaken Guptill.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
De Grandhomme must be thrashing the ball around - 85 (73) now. I thought he was only good for a quick 30 and out. Has overtaken Guptill.
He doesn have an ok FC record especially for a lower order batsman. He's slowly bringing Auckland back into the contest after their usual dismal start.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson could go on and make a triple here especially with the pace that Anderson is batting at suggesting that a declaration won't be coming anytime soon.
When was the last domestic triple century?

Gillespie is off the field injured and the remaining bowlers (who, it must be said, have all played for NZ) have about 1/330 between them. So if he has the stamina then he has a good chance.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Williamson will need someone else to give some good support now if he's gonna get there - Anderson's gone for 26.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill
How
Nicol
Williamson
Brownlie
Franklin
De Grandhomme

Century scorers in first two matches this season. Not a bad top 7 either.

Mike5181

International Captain
1.Brendon McCullum- 26, 2
2.Martin Guptill- 121*
3.Kane Williamson- 252*
4.Ross Taylor- 24
5.Jesse Ryder- 0
6.Dean Brownlie- 171
7.Reece Young- 80
8.Daniel Vettori- 48
9.Tim Southee-37/7
10.Trent Boult- 33/2
11.Chris Martin- 86/1

Andy Mckay- 137/1
Neil Broom- 28
James Franklin- 3 + 53/0
Doug Bracewell- DNP

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He doesn have an ok FC record especially for a lower order batsman. He's slowly bringing Auckland back into the contest after their usual dismal start.
Pretty harsh to call him a lower order batsman (yes he's a Howick player, I'm biased). But yeah, he's usually money in the bank for a quick 30.

Funnily enough, he has the same amount of FC tons as Guptill - five. And their records are very similar. Make of that what you will.

Be surprised if ND bat on in the morning, you'd say stripping away all thoughts of milestones that it would be the smart thing to do to give themselves six sessions to bowl Wellington out. But I'd love to see them do it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Not looking good for McKay.

I love me some Kane. So gun. Shows also that he's a greedy bastard, which is great for our batting.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Pretty harsh to call him a lower order batsman (yes he's a Howick player, I'm biased). But yeah, he's usually money in the bank for a quick 30.

Funnily enough, he has the same amount of FC tons as Guptill - five. And their records are very similar. Make of that what you will.

Be surprised if ND bat on in the morning, you'd say stripping away all thoughts of milestones that it would be the smart thing to do to give themselves six sessions to bowl Wellington out. But I'd love to see them do it.
I just refer to the batting position of 7 as a lower order batsman. He's good enough to bat higher imo.

Guptill was chosen in the test side on the back of good one day form for both Auckland and NZ like a lot of other players. He's getting better in the longer format though.

Lol with the way declarations have been going in the plunket shield so far, I wouldn't be suprised if ND decided to declare with Williamson 295 no or something.

Flem274*

123/5
de Grandhomme does't have the technique for test cricket imo, and his bowling will be less effective at that level.

He has still been a revelation for Auckland in the past few seasons. Zimbabwe should chase him up.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
de Grandhomme does't have the technique for test cricket imo, and his bowling will be less effective at that level.

He has still been a revelation for Auckland in the past few seasons. Zimbabwe should chase him up.
He does have the technique, I can assure you of that. When on, he's the equal of most running around in domestic circles. It's a concentration/dedication thing. I've spoken to a few guys who reckon he's more talented than a few who have represented their country - ie Diamanti, Elliott, Brownlie etc. And he's got no desire to play for Zimbabwe.

Again, I'm biased, but I hold out hope he'll play at least Twenty20 for NZ. He went into a second auction for the IPL two seasons ago, so people rate him.

No word on the declaration from Canterbury, and Ellis' 97 not? Read The Press report, may as well have been in the same office in Wellington as Waddle. Weak.