• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't quite know what Jeets was suppossed to differently. Make no bones about it he got pumped.

But seriously some of those balls were in good areas and Taylor just used his feet and got to the pitch of it.

And he didn't do it every ball so Jeets couldn't do the old bowl it full and wide routine hoping for a stumping.

The only thing I keep coming back to - is that he simply doesn't turn it enough or do enough in the air.

I thought his line and length was acceptable.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand Cricket - New Zealand Cricket announces updated schedule

The three-day warm-up match between the BLACKCAPS and NSW XI has been cancelled following a request by New Zealand Cricket. It is NZC’s preference to have the players compete in our domestic competitions provided tour preparation is not compromised. The first match of the tour will be a four-day warm-up fixture against Australia A in Brisbane starting 24 November 2011.

All eligible players will turn out in the second round of Plunket Shield starting 14 November. Following the heavy workload in Zimbabwe the decision has been made to rest fast bowler Doug Bracewell.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm a lot more scared of South Africa when they tour than Australia tbh. First time I've ever been able to say that.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
This is a novel way to solve the 5th-bowler vs 6th-batsman dillema: Don't have a wicketkeeper! :happy:

I cannot understand your fascination with N McCullum in the test side. He is surely not even in consideration. Even if we were touring the subcontinent and needed a second spinner he still wouldn't be it (though I don't know who would).

Dough Bracewell should grow into a respectable number 8 batsman; hopefully this puts your mind at ease about the NZ lower order.
Ok, agree with you, SteveNZ and Flem,
my major concern was for their batting, especially against the aussie bowling,
but maybe m wrong, because I cannot judge until I see the domestic tournaments of NZ and see what other options are available.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
And I wish I wake up tomorrow morning and read in some sports headline that 'Shane Bond has come out of retirement and will play against Australia' and I would still not believe it and think its a dream.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ok, agree with you, SteveNZ and Flem,
my major concern was for their batting, especially against the aussie bowling,
but maybe m wrong, because I cannot judge until I see the domestic tournaments of NZ and see what other options are available.
I wouldn't worry about our batsmen too much. The results aren't there yet but this is arguably the strongest batting line up we have had since Richardson, Fleming, Astle, McMillan and Cairns were around. We have alternatives to most areas of the side with Neil Broom and Daniel Flynn providing cover for the batsmen and Derek de Boorder waiting in the wings as wicket keeper cover. The weak spot is actually our bowling but we have young guns coming through at the moment and we will reap the benefits of that in twelve months time IMO with Boult, Milne, Bracewell, Bennett, Wheeler plus domestic guns like Wagner.

Flem274*

123/5
Upon reflection, I don't mind this at all tbh. We need the best eleven players in the country to play PS. Will raise the standard a decent amount you would think.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I would be happier with two warm-up matches, to be honest.

The team needs time to gel and get used to conditions.

New Zealand bowling attacks traditionally get hammered in their warm-up matches, but come the tests they (usually) put on a better show because they have gotten used to the pitches, etc.

And what happens if their only warm-up match gets rained-out?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Who cares? We'll get smashed regardless of how many warm up matches we play. At least this way we don't suffer the humiliation of getting pulverised by the NSW under 17's or whoever it is we're meant to play.

Oz to win the first test by 250 runs and the second test by an innings and 50 runs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
One warm up sounds fine.

And losing twice will just damage our confidence. I think it is unlikely we will beat NSW.

I am contemplating taking some time off work to watch this series

@Bahnz - if we are full strength we will travel better than we did last series. But yes we are underdogs..

Cheers

Hurricane

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1st Test: Australia v New Zealand at Brisbane
Dec 1-5, 2011 (10:00 local | 00:00 GMT | 13:00 NZDT)
2nd Test: Australia v New Zealand at Hobart
Dec 9-13, 2011 (10:30 local | 23:30 GMT | 12:30 NZDT)

Here are the times -

Flem274*

123/5
Who cares? We'll get smashed regardless of how many warm up matches we play. At least this way we don't suffer the humiliation of getting pulverised by the NSW under 17's or whoever it is we're meant to play.

Oz to win the first test by 250 runs and the second test by an innings and 50 runs.
Nah mate, we're going to win.

Your tactic only makes me more miserable when we lose. I now prefer glorious hype followed by pretending the test didn't happen.

Wasn't the last time we played Australia in a test the same year Shane Bond debuted? And we never played a third test in India either.