• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Not really, for neither of those two compare to the example of Bradman. Because, you only have to know ONE thing to be right about Bradman: 99.94.

It's either huge ignorance, or incredible bias. Not much middle ground there.
No, there are many who think Bradman played test cricket against amateur fat lazy villagers. That's why they think that 99.94 is not much of an achievement (they are wrong, obviously).

99.94 is not the 'ONE' thing you have to know to rate Bradman, you got to have a fair idea about the quality of cricket during his time in order to make sense out of that number.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
And if they tried to reverse my comment on me, based on the meaning you suggest it conveys, then they'd make fun of fans reactions to the cricketers named, not the actual cricketers themselves. But they didn't, oops.
They used the actual cricketers' themselves, not the fans, because they were getting back at you through your obsession with those cricketers. They weren't targeting all the fans of those cricketers'. How do you not get that? :laugh:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No, there are many who think Bradman played test cricket against amateur fat lazy villagers. That's why they think that 99.94 is not much of an achievement (they are wrong, obviously).

99.94 is not the ONE thing you have to know to rate Bradman, you got to have a fair idea about the quality of cricket during his time in order to make sense out of that number.
You're not disagreeing with me. I am saying you don't have to know a whole lot about cricket to think Bradman is the best. 99.94 is enough.

However, if you think you know a lot about cricket and start making the kind of arguments you stipulate in the above then you are ignorant about cricket.

Point being, you can't do the same with Merchant or Ranji. You actually have to have detailed knowledge to know their virtues. Bradman's infamy - and the reason(s) why - put him on a whole other plane. I can excuse someone for not knowing much about those cricketers or Barnes or Trumper or Grace... but no one can truly call themselves knowledgable about cricket without knowing about Bradman.

They used the actual cricketers' themselves, not the fans, because they were getting back at you through your obsession with those cricketers. They weren't targeting all the fans of those cricketers'. How do you not get that? :laugh:
Good, we've established that. But you said I was making fun of the fans, not the cricketers themselves. So if they were getting back at me the same way I was getting at them - as you think I am - then they'd get back at me by mentioning the crazy overreaction of an Australian fan. They didn't. They used the cricketer themselves - much like I was doing - which shows you're wrong.

Anyway, as I said you're biased so you won't see it :p

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Joe should become a psychiatrist tbh. He has correctly understood the thought process behind my post :p

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Good, we've established that. But you said I was making fun of the fans, not the cricketers themselves. So if they were getting back at me the same way I was getting at them - as you think I am - then they'd get back at me by mentioning the crazy overreaction of an Australian fan. They didn't. They used the cricketer themselves - much like I was doing - which goes to show their sensitivity about Tendulkar - not themselves.
That makes no sense. You're demanding an irrational equivalency when there needn't be one, for the sole reason that you targeted the fans (while initially strangely claiming that you were targeting the player), while they were targeting the person who targeted them. They didn't need to target all the fans of the players they named because they didn't want to lump them all with you. They've been very clear in who their target is, and their actions show that, while you've been flip-flopping between naming first the player, and then the fans, then again the player as your target, before finally trying to tie up the loose ends with an argument that makes about as much sense as Amir claiming that he bowled a no ball just so he could get time off away from the game.

Anyway, as I said you're biased so you won't see it :p
That must explain why I've been partaking of the Tendulkar jokes from the time I did.
Listen, you try to run a self fulfilling prophecy trick by anyone, you're going to get called out on it. Deal with it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hahahahahahahaahha wait is Lkki accusing other people of bias? jesus christ man

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Another thing that will happen before Sachin's 100th hundred: Ikki will realize that a joke as a reaction to a joke is not ironical proof of over-reaction. Or will he? :mellow:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That makes no sense. You're demanding an irrational equivalency when there needn't be one, for the sole reason that you targeted the fans (while initially strangely claiming that you were targeting the player), while they were targeting the person who targeted them. They didn't need to target all the fans of the players they named because they didn't want to lump them all with you. They've been very clear in who their target is, and their actions show that, while you've been flip-flopping between naming first the player, and then the fans, then again the player as your target, before finally trying to tie up the loose ends with an argument that makes about as much sense as Amir claiming that he bowled a no ball just so he could get time off away from the game.
It makes total sense. By making fun of the exaggeration of how good Tendulkar is, that is clearly teasing Tendulkar. You kept saying the reaction is because I didn't insult Tendulkar himself but the fans. Yet the responses are self-evident - people are responding in kind. And what are they doing? They are using Australian cricketers in an attempt (a failed one) to bait me. If I said what you said I was doing, then they'd reply in kind and use the over-reaction of Australian fans, rather than target the cricketer themselves.

It's not an irrational equivalency. If I tease your mum you're likely to insult my mum back, not my mum's best friend. You can keep bull****ting about what you like; that's what I meant, evidently that's how it was taken and it's not much more than that. Good day.

hahahahahahahaahha wait is Lkki accusing other people of bias? jesus christ man
That must explain why I've been partaking of the Tendulkar jokes from the time I did.
Listen, you try to run a self fulfilling prophecy trick by anyone, you're going to get called out on it. Deal with it.
Whoosh, it was a joke about Joe talking about a self-fulfilling prophecy so I said he wouldn't see my point because he is biased - which is a self-fulfilling prophecy, since he obviously does not agree with me. You'd think the ":ph34r:" and ":p" smileys were giveaways. Thought you were a bit sharper than that Spikeh...disappointed ****.

Another thing that will happen before Sachin's 100th hundred: Ikki will realize that a joke as a reaction to a joke is not ironical proof of over-reaction. Or will he? :mellow:
Haha, sure it was.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
By that logic, Benchy and Spikey keep over-reacting to each others' jokes :huh:
The kind of logic where you suspend common sense - like Joe has done - sure. We both know those two boobs joke around with each other all the time, everywhere. I think we also know who the sensitive Tendulkar fans are here.