• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The kind of logic where you suspend common sense - like Joe has done - sure. We both know those two boobs joke around with each other all the time, everywhere. I think we also know who the sensitive Tendulkar fans are here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
...or do they keep joking to each others' over-reactions? :unsure:

Trick Question: Is this reply of mine to your post a over-reaction btw? :p
:laugh:

Also, Ikki is the greatest poster ever on the Interwebz.

P.s. This opinion of mine which may be a overreaction/ over rating, is clearly his fault and it means that people can now poke fun at him.:ph34r:

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It makes total sense. By making fun of the exaggeration of how good Tendulkar is, that is clearly teasing Tendulkar. You kept saying the reaction is because I didn't insult Tendulkar himself but the fans. Yet the responses are self-evident - people are responding in kind. And what are they doing? They are using Australian cricketers in an attempt (a failed one) to bait me. If I said what you said I was doing, then they'd reply in kind and use the over-reaction of Australian fans, rather than target the cricketer themselves.

It's not an irrational equivalency. If I tease your mum you're likely to insult my mum back, not my mum's best friend. You can keep bull****ting about what you like; that's what I meant, evidently that's how it was taken and it's not much more than that. Good day.
You still don't get it. You expected them to retaliate against fans instead of players just because you did so. That's dumb. There's absolutely no reason for them to lump all the fans of, say Warne, together. You're just expecting them to make the same mistake you did. It is an irrational equivalency you've sought to create. In essence, you're berating them for not being as dumb as you.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You still don't get it. You expected them to retaliate against fans instead of players just because you did so. That's dumb. There's absolutely no reason for them to lump all the fans of, say Warne, together. You're just expecting them to make the same mistake you did. It is an irrational equivalency you've sought to create. In essence, you're berating them for not being as dumb as you.
Haha, it's dumb to expect them to retaliate the same way I did them, why? If I am insulting them, as you suggest, how would teasing Chappell et al get a rise out of me? If a 'Pool fan goes to some Chelsea fans, "you're just a bunch of rentboys" are they going to reply "oh well, Gerrard is ****"? Naturally, they're going to get personal too. There's nothing irrational about that. Don't get me wrong, there's the possibility they wouldn't...but in all likelihood the reaction I am anticipating is the most common one. Yet you're asking us to suspend belief: Person A insulted Person B, who to get back insults Person C. There's no reason to lump all Warne fans together but you can the Australian cricketers. You just took a dump on the moral high-ground you sought to create. I hope you don't believe your own garbage.

If I had insulted them and they were such saints they wouldn't have responded in the first place. Anyway, this has descended enough.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can insult tendulkar all you want but if you insult G.I.Joe I will not spare you. I'm a serious Joe fan, baiting me will not end well for you.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Haha, it's dumb to expect them to retaliate the same way I did them, why? If I am insulting them, as you suggest, how would teasing Chappell et al get a rise out of me? If a 'Pool fan goes to some Chelsea fans, "you're just a bunch of rentboys" are they going to reply "oh well, Gerrard is ****"? Naturally, they're going to get personal too. There's nothing irrational about that. Don't get me wrong, there's the possibility they wouldn't...but in all likelihood the reaction I am anticipating is the most common one. Yet you're asking us to suspend belief: Person A insulted Person B, who to get back insults Person C. I hope you don't believe your own garbage.

Anyway, this has descended enough.
The only conclusion that I can draw from this is that you haven't bothered to comprehend my argument. They're not retorting by making a blanket statement like you did, because they're protesting your use of a blanket statement. And if you can't see how their usage of a blanket statement would defeat the very purpose of their protest, there's no point going further. You're expecting a juvenile tit-for-tat response, and protesting that you only got a juvenile response, that also happened to show you up by their refusal to follow your lead. They chose to not target every fan of a particular player, because they only wanted to target you. They had no reason or interest in targeting the other fans of that player. If you still want to continue have a sook that they didn't have a go at other fans for the assertion that *gasp* you made, go ahead. In a matter of degrees of juvenility from both sides, theirs was far more sensible approach than yours.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can insult tendulkar all you want but if you insult G.I.Joe I will not spare you. I'm a serious Joe fan, baiting me will not end well for you.
i mean how could anyone have anything against GI?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Shri has the bite marks to vouch for the seriousness of this guy. It's not pretty.

abmk

State 12th Man
Wanre is the worst leg spinner ever to hold a cricket ball in his hand.

Srs, kid lives next door and can't bowl for ****.
Utter bollocks. You're just playing out a self-fulfilling prophecy. :laugh:

Ikki: Tendulkar's fans are super sensitive and deify him!

Fans: No, we're not that sort.

Ikki: ^See what I mean?!?!111 Their denial is ironically proof of the validity of my assertion!!11 And also, I meant that as a mechanism to poke fun at the player, not the fans! Honest!

Fans: :unsure:
LOL, some good stuff there :laugh: