• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
India.. :laugh:

Gotta say, one hell of an effort from the Windies as well.. I really wonder if they had Bravo in this side, would it have helped as a genuine all rounder.. He could have really eased the pressure and blokes like Gayle and Samuels too.. Man, if they are full strength they will be a real force to be reckoned with.
Bravo is rubbish so I can't see why that would help them. With the exception of Gayle (who's a decent at best Test batsman) they're not really leaving out anyone who's first choice - this is a potentially good side.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shaping up as a pretty good test really. Provided Chanderpaul doesn't get right away from India, they might be chasing 300 odd which would be a pretty enthralling chase. They have the players to get it, but a number of these West Indian bowlers seem to be able to bowl wicket-to-wicket. On a wearing pitch they'll be a decent shout too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching the highlights. Have to say Yuvraj looked in very good touch and was especially harsh on the tyro leggie before tea. The wide half-volley has always been a weakness of his tho. :ph34r:

Seriously, just a very, very lazy shot. Spooned it up to short extra cover. Think you'd call it a "one day shot", wouldn't you?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bravo is rubbish so I can't see why that would help them. With the exception of Gayle (who's a decent at best Test batsman) they're not really leaving out anyone who's first choice - this is a potentially good side.
Nah, I think he is a good holding bowler, esp. in these conditions and could have given the quicker guys some break and bowled long spells. And still rate his batting better than this top 3 for sure, and above Marlon Samuels too, actually.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, Bravo of the Dwayne variety has never really kicked on from being a promising player, he's still not really good enough with bat or ball in any situation.

Anyway like most cricket fans I really hope West Indies don't crumble in a few hours time. A decent fighting West Indies team is good for the game. Lets have India chasing 300+ and see what they're made of.

Top_Cat

Geez the Indian openers looked a real mixed-bag, both seriously out of form. Can't believe they almost put on 100.

Incidentally, am delighted the India selectors seem intent on pushing for Yuvraj in the lead-up to the series here.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Just watching India's first innings, far too many loose shots from players that should know better. VVS's shot was a poor one, Yuvraj not getting on top of a half volley, and lazy footwork from Dhoni, and Sehwag's unlucky, yet unnecessary dismissal.

Carlton Baugh inflicted a couple of the dismissals with some very sharp work, the Sehwag stumping, while fortunate, was still very good work, and it was an excellent catch down the legside to remove Ashwin.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I think he is a good holding bowler, esp. in these conditions and could have given the quicker guys some break and bowled long spells. And still rate his batting better than this top 3 for sure, and above Marlon Samuels too, actually.
Senior Bravo has been pathetic with both bat and ball for some time now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Senior Bravo has been pathetic with both bat and ball for some time now.
But he was really good for an even longer time with both at the international level. I just don't think you lose that sort of quality that soon. I think a lot of it has to do with motivation and what has been going on with the WICB and of course, that Twenty20 for 20...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
But he was really good for an even longer time with both at the international level. I just don't think you lose that sort of quality that soon. I think a lot of it has to do with motivation and what has been going on with the WICB and of course, that Twenty20 for 20...
Nah, Bravo's batting has always been hugely over-rated.

Burgey

Yeah I think these conditions would have suited him tbh.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright, one West Indian collapse comin' right up :p

No but really, expecting our spinners to pick up a few early wickets.

Last edited:

Burgey

Alright, one West Indian collapse comin' right up :p

No but really, expecting our spinners to pick up a few early wickets.
From a neutral perspective, a chase of something in the order of 600 would be great to see :ph34r:

Nah, reckon if it's a 300-350 chase, this could be a cracker.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Would probably agree with you tbh. Still hoping they can set up a 300 run chase for India at least.

Chanderpaul double ton is on the cards though

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
From a neutral perspective, a chase of something in the order of 600 would be great to see :ph34r:

Nah, reckon if it's a 300-350 chase, this could be a cracker.
Kirk Edwards and Chanderpaul 300 run partnership obviously

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
****! That was plumb.

Don't know why Dharamasena didn't give that.

Last edited: