• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoa didn't expect this, went to sleep after India were 39/0 at lunch.

Need to get Chanderpaul early for sure. It's looking like a 250-300 run chase from here for IND.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
I fully expect Chanders to take this game away from us tomorrow. Exciting day lies ahead of us, would look to buy tickets in morning as the bank which sells tickets is near my house

Woodster

International Captain
Did not expect to see the much-celebrated Indian batting line-up fail so badly against this WI attack, in their own conditions! Judging by the reports it seems more a case of poor batting than any particular devil in the track. Of course credit must be given to the WI bowlers, will make more of a judgement when I watch the extended highlights tonight.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What the hell just happened here :blink:

Went to sleep a bit after Sehwag's wicket, and I wake up to this. Reckon' we'll still win though :p

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess Yadav and Ishant's performance can now be qualified in terms of what decent pace bowlers can do!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Did not expect to see the much-celebrated Indian batting line-up fail so badly against this WI attack, in their own conditions! Judging by the reports it seems more a case of poor batting than any particular devil in the track. Of course credit must be given to the WI bowlers, will make more of a judgement when I watch the extended highlights tonight.
It's a good attack tbh. Rampaul and Edwards are good bowlers, who at times can be unplayable. Sammy doesn't look like much of a bowler I'll grant you that, but his record is good and he really builds pressure on the batsman. And Bishoo has huge potential imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, if they can get their batting sorted they have the base for a decent team in years to come.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, Windies were unlucky too. Especially Edwards didn't get the wickets he deserved.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India so far in 2011 have played 9 tests (including this one) and only scored 300 or more on 3 occasions. :-O

So on that stat if West Indies set 300 or more to win you would say they would be strong favourites.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Haha, didn't believe we could do so poorly when I went to sleep. Still in the game but Shiv can very well push us out of it. Also, Edwards is really impressive.

Dissector

International Debutant
Just watched the highlights; man that was a shambolic batting effort by India. And Darren Sammy's test bowling record has to be one of the most ridiculous things in international sports. 50 wickets at under 30 with five-wicket hauls against England and Pakistan. And today a double-wicket maiden against India today dismissing two recognized batsmen. Does the guy cast vodoo spells against batsmen or what?:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Just watched the highlights; man that was a shambolic batting effort by India. And Darren Sammy's test bowling record has to be one of the most ridiculous things in international sports. 50 wickets at under 30 with five-wicket hauls against England and Pakistan. And today a double-wicket maiden against India today dismissing two recognized batsmen. Does the guy cast vodoo spells against batsmen or what?:laugh:
he's a decent bowlers bowls wicket to wicket and has a decent off cutter these sort of wickets are ideal for him.

Woodster

International Captain
It's a good attack tbh. Rampaul and Edwards are good bowlers, who at times can be unplayable. Sammy doesn't look like much of a bowler I'll grant you that, but his record is good and he really builds pressure on the batsman. And Bishoo has huge potential imo.
Yes I didn't mean it to sound too derogatory, my point was having watched the first day of this Test, I didn't expect this attack to cause too many problems to this Indian line-up on this pitch. There was next to no swing through the air, apart from a hint of reverse later in the day, no seam movement, the pitch was slow meaning it turned slowly too and with India being excellent players of spin that wouldn't help Bishoo either.

Rampaul's been in excellent form, Edwards has the ability to take the pitch out of the equation, and while I'm not Sammy's biggest fan, he can hold an end up and bowl economically on these type of pitches. Bishoo is an excellent prospect, and this will be a massive test for him in this series, and I honestly wasn't expecting too much of an impact from him.

Yet despite this I didn't think they'd have as much success as they did today, and would still be surprised if they run through the Indian line-up this easy again in this series. I thought with the Indians back in conditions that suit them, they would pile on the runs, but maybe the heavy defeat in England has taken some of their confidence away, along with some rustiness being evident too. Credit to this attack, although I still think it is some distance from being one of the world's most feared.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I think we're gonna have to scrap the "Are you Bangladesh in disguise" song and replace it with another sub-continental nation.

I mean really? Folding to this lot in India I mean credit to the WI bowlers but I don't think anyone would take them to be a Kaspo or a Steyn.

Hope WI win this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India.. :laugh:

Gotta say, one hell of an effort from the Windies as well.. I really wonder if they had Bravo in this side, would it have helped as a genuine all rounder.. He could have really eased the pressure and blokes like Gayle and Samuels too.. Man, if they are full strength they will be a real force to be reckoned with.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dwayne Bravo's been too mediocre for too long. Would probably make this top four, but Kirk Edwards and Darren Bravo have some promise so it's reasonable to stick with them for a while.

Gayle, obviously is the one they're really missing. Would add a huge amount to what is a horribly inexperienced top order - Powell especially looks like a filler right now - and would likely be better than Samuels with the ball.

I wonder if Chanderpaul should move up a spot or two to split up the youngsters they've got there.