• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Summary of this Test match:

Day 1: Zimbabwe's bowling looks utterly ****. Kiwis keep getting out in dumb ways. Guptill plays surprisingly paitently and tons up before getting out stupidly, Williamson plays like a God till he gets out stupidly. Taylor looks like he'll get us a huge total.

Day 2: Taylor you ****ing idiot. We choke. Zimbabwe start well with the bat, Sibanda goes nicely.

Day 3: Pretty toothless besides Vettori but Zimbabwe barring Waller got Vettori'd. New Zealand look like they'll do this fairly comfortably even with a few wickets before the close of play.

Day 4: Taylor and Williamson play awesomely. Then Jarvis bowls THAT spell. Out of nowhere it reverses and a guy who bowled drivel puts NZ under pressure. Zimbabwe lose an early wicket but Masakadza being stupid means that New Zealand once again seem on top. Should win this easily.

Day 5:

Session 1: **** you Brendan Taylor. Ah well we should still win this.
Session 2: **** you Brendan Taylor! :cry: I can't believe New Zealand is going to lose against Zimbabwe. Watling totally caught that this is unbelievable, how many of our LBWs weren't given. I can't believe this. FML.
Session 3: Got him! Maybe we can crawl back...

YES!

YES
YESSS
DOUGEH!!!!
Would love these sort of summaries instead of a boring cricinfo bulletin :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha it's hard to remember that this was Rossco's first Test as captain. Didn't do too much wrong despite how the match turned out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha it's hard to remember that this was Rossco's first Test as captain. Didn't do too much wrong despite how the match turned out.
That was probably the most impressive part of the performances from both sides really - they were a number of players on debut as such (Brownlie, Bracewell, Ncube, Chabakva and Waller were all actually on Test debut, it was Ross Taylor's debut as Test captain) and it never really showed at all. I kept having to remind myself of all these things as the match unfolded. If anything it was the more experienced players who guffed things up at times.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That was probably the most impressive part of the performances from both sides really - they were a number of players on debut as such (Brownlie, Bracewell, Ncube, Chabakva and Waller were all actually on Test debut, it was Ross Taylor's debut as Test captain) and it never really showed at all. I kept having to remind myself of all these things as the match unfolded. If anything it was the more experienced players who guffed things up at times.
Brendan Taylor's 3rd Test as captain too wasn't it?

flibbertyjibber

Very impressive how so many inexperienced players on both sides had good games. Be interesting watching them over the next year or so and see if this match was a flash in the pan or they can improve.

Flem274*

123/5
If Dougeh goes onto have a long and glorious test career, his 5fer last night should never be discounted as "against a minnow" by folks. Even though it was against Zimbabwe, his first and final spell turned out to be far more important in the history of New Zealand cricket than any other debut five wicket hauls I can think of. New Zealand were on the ropes, and his fellow bowlers with 1300 wickets between them were innocuous, the pitch was flat until the final sessions, and the umpires made a pact to never give an LBW to either side.

An inconsistent 21 year old with 48 wickets at 39 prior to this match (he started his FC career truly awfully and improved last season) saved us where guys with 200+ wickets could not. WAFG.

Summary of this Test match:

Day 1: Zimbabwe's bowling looks utterly ****. Kiwis keep getting out in dumb ways. Guptill plays surprisingly paitently and tons up before getting out stupidly, Williamson plays like a God till he gets out stupidly. Taylor looks like he'll get us a huge total.

Day 2: Taylor you ****ing idiot. We choke. Zimbabwe start well with the bat, Sibanda goes nicely.

Day 3: Pretty toothless besides Vettori but Zimbabwe barring Waller got Vettori'd. New Zealand look like they'll do this fairly comfortably even with a few wickets before the close of play.

Day 4: Taylor and Williamson play awesomely. Then Jarvis bowls THAT spell. Out of nowhere it reverses and a guy who bowled drivel puts NZ under pressure. Zimbabwe lose an early wicket but Masakadza being stupid means that New Zealand once again seem on top. Should win this easily.

Day 5:

Session 1: **** you Brendan Taylor. Ah well we should still win this.
Session 2: **** you Brendan Taylor! :cry: I can't believe New Zealand is going to lose against Zimbabwe. Watling totally caught that this is unbelievable, how many of our LBWs weren't given. I can't believe this. FML.
Session 3: Got him! Maybe we can crawl back...

YES!

YES
YESSS
DOUGEH!!!!
:laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Dougeh goes onto have a long and glorious test career, his 5fer last night should never be discounted as "against a minnow" by folks. Even though it was against Zimbabwe, his first and final spell turned out to be far more important in the history of New Zealand cricket than any other debut five wicket hauls I can think of. New Zealand were on the ropes, and his fellow bowlers with 1300 wickets between them were innocuous, the pitch was flat until the final sessions, and the umpires made a pact to never give an LBW to either side.
Nah, mate, first rule of stats doctoring: You can tell everything you need to know from which column it's in on Statsguru. There are no other variables.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Relief. Belated well done to our boys, though this won't paper over the enormous cracks in our bowling.

Well done to Zimbabwe. I would not have thought they would return to test cricket so competently and competitively. If truth be told I thought their return to tests was more a BCCI ploy to consolidate their Zimbabwe vote, however I am proven wrong. Great to have Zimbabwe back and definitely the core of a good team there.

morgieb

Well that was a mighty choke from Zimbabwe. Still, a pretty ****ing good effort from them given the circumstances.

And people think New Zealand can do something against Australia.....

Flem274*

123/5
Well that was a mighty choke from Zimbabwe. Still, a pretty ****ing good effort from them given the circumstances.

Wasn't a choke. Zimbabwe have a long tail and Dougeh bowled beautifully on debut.

_Ed_

Sure do.

We're realistic about our lack of bowling firepower, but we have the batting to give Australia some long, hard days in the field.