• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Flem274*

123/5
If we lose, or even draw, I will probably get my rage face on at this bowling attack. It was a stupid idea when it was selected, and it's stupid now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was thinking earlier today that he's a very similar player to Bresnan in some ways and he's going to get underestimated and patronised as a result, especially since he is a kiwi.
Yeah, he's even got the "played First Class cricket at a very young age purely because he had a nice action and was repeatedly selected early on despite not quite cementing his place" thing nailed on. He was lucky enough to make his premature international debut series against Zimbabwe instead of a rampant Jayasuriya though. In some ways I think it might have been better if he'd been hammered early so he'd have some more time to develop properly, like Bresnan did. Extremely similar players in so many ways.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I can't work this out, are we really this bad or are Zimbabwe continuing to improve so quickly?

Brendan Taylor seems to be the next Andy Flower! Destroyed us this entire series.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taibu is uncharacteristically slow todie
Doing a good anchorman role though, just replaced Mawoyo perfectly. If they were going to get close to the target they needed an anchor and between them they have done it so far. You know Taibu can step it up later if he needs to so no panic right now.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, he's even got the "played First Class cricket at a very young age purely because he had a nice action and was repeatedly selected early on despite not quite cementing his place" thing nailed on. He was lucky enough to make his premature international debut against Zimbabwe instead of Jayasuriya though. In some ways I think it might have been better if he'd been hammered early so he'd have some more time to develop properly, like Bresnan did. Extremely similar players in so many ways.
All Dougeh needs to do is pitch it up. Bowled a bit short today, and for a swing bowler he's shooting himself in the foot.

Now that we've picked him, we will need to be patient. Objectively I don't like the selection (subjectively I love it), because we have a ready made left arm swing bowler in Trent Boult who is prepared for test cricket since he is too good for domestic batsmen, but now Dougeh has been selected we can't faff him around because he has a future in test cricket.

Daemon

NZ need at least 3 wickets from somewhere. Maybe get Williamson on for a bit instead of Guptill.

Spikey

Doing a good anchorman role though, just replaced Mawoyo perfectly. If they were going to get close to the target they needed an anchor and between them they have done it so far. You know Taibu can step it up later if he needs to so no panic right now.
Yeah it was so important they didn't lose two quick wickets. That said I don't think Taibu meant to bat quite so slowly.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
If I stay up and we lose this, you will witness a beautiful flem knee jerk rage.
You're telling me. It's 4:52 a.m. here.

Last time I stayed up all night to watch us play was the last ODI we played where we completely blew it.

Maybe I'm bad luck and should go to sleep so they get the breakthrough.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I can't see us bowling them out. I think it's time to set more defensive fields especially if we're gonna persist with part timers.

Last edited: