• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ well on top now. Have they got the quality to push on and get the win. They should win from here but Vettori will need to get most of the wickets in the 2nd innings you would think.

The point I was making earlier was that if NZ had been 80-5 in the 2nd innings the game would have looked very different with not a lot of experienced batting in this side. Obviously Williamson and Taylor have done well in that session and just need to push on this afternoon.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really consider this current Zimbo side to be "minnow" minnows. They gave Pakistan a scare, they've given us a scare, they beat Bangladesh.

They have a decentish Test side. Reckon they're much stronger than they were in that post-Flower period, at least in Test cricket.Their current domestic structure is wonderful, I reckon Bangladesh could learn a lot of lessons from how they've ran Zimbabwean domestic cricket in the last couple seasons.
One of your posts I will remember.

Good stuff.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They did get 130 (iirc) all out in the second innings against Pakistan. The 400+ total in the first innings showed that they can't be taken lightly though.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Rossco's powering up right now for some slog sweeps to please the T20 purists. Wonder if they have KFC in Zimbabwe.

.... actually I just looked it up. Doesn't seem that there is, though there is something called 'Chicken Inn' - not sure if this has the same strength-giving salty goodness.
Chicken Inn is descent, can't really say it's quite like KFC

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know if Rossco goes for potato and gravy. Just chicken. Suspected he might be tempted by some Kentucky Fried Wildebeest though.

Flem274*

123/5
**** I hope Kane wipes the smirk off Channel 9s collective face when we tour Australia. Grieg could even manage to stop calling him Kane Williams then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dug up some stats I posted last year after Pakistan series:
Since start of 2008 Vettori averages 27.4 in first innings and 43.7 in the second innings.

Pinning my hopes for the 4th innings on Bracewell... or someone... anyone

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
**** I hope Kane wipes the smirk off Channel 9s collective face when we tour Australia. Grieg could even manage to stop calling him Kane Williams then.
Nah Greig and co will just find some other way of being patronising ****s - if Williamson does well they'll adopt him as their own and then contrast his performance to our other batsmen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dug up some stats I posted last year after Pakistan series:
Since start of 2008 Vettori averages 27.4 in first innings and 43.7 in the second innings.

Pinning my hopes for the 4th innings on Bracewell... or someone... anyone
Jeets has got this, they discovered that it was his beard that was holding him back.