• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guptill's usual dismissal, playing across the line to a straight delivery.

Zimbabwe have a great chance here. If they can chip out 2 or 3 wickets before stumps they can place themselves to push for a win in this game.
Too bad Williamson is Bradman reincarnated.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ncube to Williamson, FOUR, short of a length, wide, KW goes back and across, and punches this majestically between cover-point and point

Love it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Always thought Jeets would be a much better ODI prospect, his record in colours isn't bad at all.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
How did Dean Brownlie's bowling look?
I haven't been able to catch any of the action in this test, but notice he hasn't taken any FC wickets prior to this match.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How did Dean Brownlie's bowling look?
I haven't been able to catch any of the action in this test, but notice he hasn't taken any FC wickets prior to this match.
it is trash. but he got a wicket. ryder is considerably better.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
I've always rated Ryder at the bowling crease, but it probably is a good idea for him to give it up, too injury prone.
We don't appear to have any other part time seam options bar Brownlie. Maybe it is an area he can improve on?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Brownlie. He shouldn't try to turn himself into an all rounder. We just want a part timer who is reliable and can get through 5-10 overs a day to take the load away from our other bowlers.

I agree with Taylor that Ryder should consider retiring from bowling. It will be a shame because like you I think his bowling is good.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
That was what I meant by improving, as by the looks of it he has rarely been tossed the ball at first class level. He can't be too rubbish if he's been given a go in a test match, so hopefully he can turn out to be useful.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Here is what Brownlie says about his own bowling.

A calf injury ruled Jesse Ryder out of the Test and Brownlie could be called upon to bowl a few overs to support the frontline bowlers. He did that in the tour game, picking up the wicket of Malcolm Waller, but didn't think it would lead his Canterbury coach, Bob Carter, to throw him the ball more often in domestic cricket.

"They've seen me bowl, and they're about as unimpressed with it as I am."