• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2011-12

Ruckus

International Captain
Hmm, yeah he clearly doesn't give a ****, but I think it'd be better if he swallowed his pride a bit and didn't let his personal beef with Clarke let itself be exposed to the media. As you said, the whole thing isn't a big deal, but I just think he has gone one step too far after his initial, and quite necessary/justified, rant against CA in general.

adub

International Captain
Clarke responds with the two most obvious points:

Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson both laughed when the question was posed to the skipper after the match.

"When Simon wasn't selected I wasn't a selector at the time. Since becoming a selector I've made it clear in plenty of press conferences that I've done that the door certainly isn't closed on anyone.

"In saying that, I don't think his comments are certainly helping him get back into this team at the moment.
Clarke responds to Katich claims | Cricket | Fox Sports

howardj

International Coach
A couple of observations RE Katich.

(a) I'm sure before speaking his mind he factored in that he'd come off looking like a bitter whinging sod - probably didn't care

(b) He and every other sane person already knew his Test career was over (he's 35 and was dropped from the contract list, and our batting order already contains two players older than him. There was no way back unfortunately.)

(c) Given the poisonous relationship that apparently exists between him and Clarke, he didn't really care if he had no actual evidence that Clarke was responsible for his axing

(d) Just because Clarke wasn't a selector at the time, doesn't mean that he didn't have a say in Katich's demise, he was the Captain after all. I'm not saying that he did have a hand in it, but just because he wasn't officially a selector at the time means little.

Spark

Global Moderator
A couple of observations RE Katich.

(a) I'm sure before speaking his mind he factored in that he'd come off looking like a bitter whinging sod - probably didn't care

(b) He and every other sane person already knew his Test career was over (he's 35 and was dropped from the contract list, and our batting order already contains two players older than him. There was no way back unfortunately.)

(c) Given the poisonous relationship that apparently exists between him and Clarke, he didn't really care if he had no actual evidence that Clarke was responsible for his axing

(d) Just because Clarke wasn't a selector at the time, doesn't mean that he didn't have a say in Katich's demise, he was the Captain after all. I'm not saying that he did have a hand in it, but just because he wasn't officially a selector at the time means little.
Was the contracts before or after Clarke's appointment? Don't recall

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After but before Argus. Although it wouldn't surprise me if a decision was made on Katich before Ponting quit.

uvelocity

International Coach
Sutherland: "Without compromising my confidential understanding of the selectors' confidential thinking, I can state their recommendations were completely independent of outside influence. I was particularly disappointed at the comments yesterday after the discussions we had with Katich in mid-2011 on inappropriate public comments he had made then."

What an utter peice of trash he is. So lucky that in all the glee surrounding the arseing of everyone else, the fish's head has remained on the body and still rotting.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what's wrong with what he said. Seems like a fairly middle of the road statement. blah blah blah selectors independent blah blah we've warned him before blah blah blah

uvelocity

International Coach
well I'm biased because he's the last one left we need to be rid of, so he's in my gun no matter what he says.

But he said confidential twice in a sentence. That's not possible. Sack him.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Wow, Hodge in overdrive, brings up his highest one day domestic score, now 144*......hammering sixes for fun now.

ajdude

International Coach
Hodge was ridiculous...I'm actually rating Herrick, he reminds me of a slightly quicker Siddle haha, but that's purely from one over of bowling on top of his appearance.

ajdude

International Coach
That headband does make his noggin' look awfully big, so that's questionable...

He's fairly boss though, like he shaves his head before every match, how cool is that

Last edited: