• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's batting back to the same old bollocks. The last game was obviously an aberration in actually going on after you've got in and posting a meaningful score instead of a twattishly dismissed cameo.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had no idea Jonny's dad played cricket, unfortunately he committed suicide when Bairstow was 9.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of aberrations Ravi's back to his normal self after a rare flash of competence a month or so ago. Stop picking him FFS.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think he's had a more than fair crack of the whip now. I can only think it's the Essex heads that keep him in there. We now have Flower, Cook & Gooch pushing Ravinder's cart.

flibbertyjibber

Never seen an umpire get the finger up so quickly, well not since club cricket days when the appeal was "Howzat dad" Umpire "That's out son" :D

As for Ravi, we all know he isn't good enough. The sooner Stokes is fit enough to do himself justice the better and it has to be bye bye Ravi for good.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

8-) Ah well this is rather pathetic now. Should stop the likes of Botham claiming we have a good chance come the next world cup though.

Good at home, crap away.

Daemon

Forgotten the mess he made of Tendulkar's 175 against Australia? Still don't think he should be playing as an all-rounder in the team.
As a back up to Yuvraj, I don't mind someone who can score 25 (25) and pick up 1-45/50 on an average day. He won't make our strongest first XI for sure.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
As a back up to Yuvraj, I don't mind someone who can score 25 (25) and pick up 1-45/50 on an average day. He won't make our strongest first XI for sure.
If Yuvraj can bowl like he did in the World Cup, we don't need Jadeja, especially in India with Raina,Kohli,Sehwag etc.. all also chipping in.

Outside India again have doubts about both his batting and bowling individually when the ball doesn't spin and the pith isn't conducive to slow bowling.

Last edited: