• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Kohli not getting into the test squad has to do with our selection just being garbage. Explain to me how in the ****ing world Raina played the last 2 tests in England despite Kohli being in the squad.

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kohli not getting into the test squad has to do with our selection just being garbage. Explain to me how in the ****ing world Raina played the last 2 tests in England despite Kohli being in the squad.
Both of them are suspect against genuine pace.Raina, being left handed may have got the nod ahead of Kohli

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Eng batting first,

Changes in Eng Squad : Borthwick and Meaker in for Swann and Dernbach.

Changes in Ind Squad : Aaron in for Yadav

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hurray a scoring shot.

Get rid of one Slurrey duffer and get another one, although I guess Meaker has more potential I just don't think he's a good bowler yet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hurray a scoring shot.

Get rid of one Slurrey duffer and get another one, although I guess Meaker has more potential I just don't think he's a good bowler yet.
I think I've only seen him bowl once or twice and he looked alright, but his List A record is absolutely disgusting.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typical bedwetter innings. Lots of dot balls and a few big shots to keep run rate at around a run a ball he faces. Why can't he rotate the strike with a nudged single now and then?

Woodster

International Captain
I'm pleased to see Meaker and Borthwick in the side, if we're planning for the next World Cup then we have to get guys like this into our side whenever possible. Good moves, not entirely sure the reason as to why Swann is left out, but presumably we couldn't drop Patel after last game, and they understandably want to have a look at Borthwick. The series is lost, so why not.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
This is a great start by england esp Kieswetter

EDIT : And as I post that Cook is out

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Yes looked a tad unlucky Cook there, but Kieswetter's just got a horror ball. Pitched about halfway down and struck him on the shin, just when he looked in real good touch.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm starting to see why Asnani didn't umpire a match for 13 years. Wouldn't be too upset to see the back of him.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That comment was hilarious in its stupidity though. This latest stuff is meh and doesn't deserve the time.
AWTA. Quite intrigued at the hyper sensitivity. Thought Indian fans were super sensitive :unsure: Dhoni was most likely asked a question and he made an observation. Looks like people just want an opportunity to go at him and he doesn't give enough opportunities with his classy on field behaviour, so they want to pick up on such petty issues. Dhoni is not the most polished speaker, he doesn't come from metros in India, so he speaks his mind without caring or knowing what is politically correct. What is absent is any malice in what he says.

Apologies if I have dug out a discussion that had already died down, just started running through the pages, and felt compelled to respond :)

Last edited: