• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And you can **** off as well Dernbach. Why the **** did this useless sack of **** get an incremental contract? Are we going to pick a guy who can play 20 different shots and is ****ing ****e at 15 of them?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I can't recall the las ball bowled at full pace. I thought a slower ball was ment to be a surprise. Need a wicket first ball of the final over.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I don't understand why more teams don't put a slip in at the death.
Difficult call, mate. Fielders are at a premium at that stage so where would you take one out from?

And besides, it is quite likely that if you have one slip the ball would fly wide off him. It's not a percentage option, IMHO.

Best option at the death is the Wasim-Waqar strategy. Reversing in and aimed at the base of the middle or leg stump. Must take an awful lot of practice in the nets though to bowl it accurately and consistently.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I've only seen the end of the game btw, how was the batting? From scorecard alone it looks like Ravi and Trott should have gotten a move on.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Trust MS to finish things in style. No wonder the guy is rated as one of the true champions in this format of the game. Man doesn't know the meaning of the word pressure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've only seen the end of the game btw, how was the batting? From scorecard alone it looks like Ravi and Trott should have gotten a move on.
Trott batted really well, most of his innings was handing over the strike to KP and then to Patel when they were striking it well. Only the partnership with Bopara seemed lacking for runs, and that was the annoyingly typical Ravi playing himself in and getting out.

We've lost this thanks to a shocking fielding effort (mostly Kieswetter), a poor day from Bresnan and the fact that Dernbach is terrible.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Bresnan has too many off days for mine. If you were to look at his ODI record in isolation, ignoring his improvement over the last year or so, you'd wonder how he gets in the team. He needs to perform much more consistently, its only the lack of other options that makes his place so secure for the moment.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
And yeah, we are playing India in India in ODIs. Never expected us to do particularly well.