• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Howe_zat

Audio File
90 kph, fmd. I'm really not a fan of the medium pacer's even slower ball, but you have to appreciate the skill in taking 40ks off between deliveries.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need 300 here, been a better batting performance though so far.

Trott has done what he or Cook have to do every game, anchor the innings and give the others a platform to tee off.
The trouble is Trott anchors a bit too much. I've no problem with his scoring rate generally, it's situations like this where he just can't hit boundaries. You can't just say oh well it's all down to the other guy to hit them when you're in the last 10 overs of the innings. You can do that in the rest of the innings because hitting singles every ball is fine anyway.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The trouble is Trott anchors a bit too much. I've no problem with his scoring rate generally, it's situations like this where he just can't hit boundaries. You can't just say oh well it's all down to the other guy to hit them when you're in the last 10 overs of the innings. You can do that in the rest of the innings because hitting singles every ball is fine anyway.
True, but at least this guy is doing it more often than not for England. Maybe we are being a little over critical of him as if he got out on 60 then we'd be up **** creek without a paddle probably.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Issue with Trott is he doesn't really have a money shot (fnarr, fnarr) to fall back on. In the slog overs his go to shot is the slog to cow corner.

Been a good knock from Sammy tho and mildly disappointing reaction to his 50; barely a ripple. What's he done to piss off the Indian crowds?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Issue with Trott is he doesn't really have a money shot (fnarr, fnarr) to fall back on. In the slog overs his go to shot is the slog to cow corner.

Been a good knock from Sammy tho and mildly disappointing reaction to his 50; barely a ripple. What's he done to piss off the Indian crowds?
The crowds are appalling in India.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe too big for India. Only four batsmen who can take it upon themselves, weakness at the top, weakness at the bottom (though Jadeja, Kumar, Vinay and Ashwin can bat, it's a longshot), and it should be another wedding treat from Gautam Gambhir to take India home.

Good one Samit.

Scaly piscine

Patel hit 7 fours and 2 sixes (arguably 6 and 3 respectively) in the last 10 overs. Trott hit 1 four.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
No idea what Dhoni et al will be capable of on this surface, but I reckon we've got a good game set up here.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great knock by Patel to give us a score that may be challenging. Might not be enough but should at least make it a game for a while if it isn't.

Scaly piscine

Anyway just to balance things out I'd still pick Trott, just my batting lineup (all being fit) would be something like:

Cook
KP
Trott
Stokes
Morgan
Bairstow
Fatel

etc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I'm increasingly coming to this conclusion of late. Been absolutely disgusted by some of the crowds I've seen in the past year or so.
In addition to Patel waving his bat in an almost embarrased fashion as if to say 'hey, by the way I've just got to 50' the crowd going beserk when Trott hit his last delivery for 1, meaning he wouldn't get to 3 figures was piss poor as well.