• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KP sawn off. Should be dropped, obviously.

I've just heard that's the same umpire that gave Raina not out in the first ODI. Hmm.
First match he's been on the field for since 1999 tbf #JustRusty #Willgetbetter

Spikey

but really, how does a guy not umpire an ODer for 12 years? Injury curse hit the Indian umps?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
but really, how does a guy not umpire an ODer for 12 years? Injury curse hit the Indian umps?
Probably had other umpires ahead of him, i guess?

Similar case to many players. Though the BCCI recommendation process can be a sham too.

The only real doubt about the KP decision was height tbh, and it was marginal.

Last edited:

Spikey

no, which means I can make fun of people who use dumb twitter hashtags knowing I've never done the same #feelsgoodman

Spikey

Probably had other umpires ahead of him, i guess?

Similar case to many players. Though the BCCI recommendation process can be a sham too..

Yeah I'm thinking there's some sort of stuff up in the process. I just can't understand a guy umping two games 12 years ago and now being called up out of nowhere it seems. i mean i'm not saying there's a conspiracy or anything, it just seems really weird.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why is Bluey in the side if you're not going to send him in during the batting powerplay when we need to kick on?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why is Bluey in the side if you're not going to send him in during the batting powerplay when we need to kick on?
Patel's done pretty well to be fair.

Can't wait for the same people who bemoaned England batsmen getting out for 30-50 to bemoan Trott playing a long, steady innings.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Umesh Yadav realises it's a lot harder bowling to top order batsmen on a flat deck. Let's just hope he doesn't lose his place because of this, as it's just a learning experience.

flibbertyjibber

Need 300 here, been a better batting performance though so far.

Trott has done what he or Cook have to do every game, anchor the innings and give the others a platform to tee off.

Spark

Global Moderator
Samit providing an object example as to why backing away and swinging wildly is a really bad idea.

EDIT: And then stays still and surprise surprise middles it

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why do I get the impression that regardless of what we score it'll get chased with about 20 overs to spare?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Can't wait for the same people who bemoaned England batsmen getting out for 30-50 to bemoan Trott playing a long, steady innings.
Exactly. People need to learn that if your trying to score at over 6 an over there's a good chance of getting out when set. I think Trott does a fine job in ODI's. I reckon because he's less frenetic people get the impression he isn't scoring quickly even if he is. Because people like Kieswetter are all bang bang even if they score slowly it gives the impression they're scoring quickley.