• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Cruxdude

International Debutant
FFS. Mercenary turning it on for the Man City of cricket.
Don't know what you are trying to say by Man City of cricket but if you mean they are a team winning just because of their foreign talents you are way off. They have won so many cups because of their Indian talent being really good and not just being place fillers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know what you are trying to say by Man City of cricket but if you mean they are a team winning just because of their foreign talents you are way off. They have won so many cups because of their Indian talent being really good and not just being place fillers.
Hmm I watched most of the last two years of IPL and all of the teams rely heavily on foreign players. Today for instance Chennai's 'Indian talent' scored 57 runs off 64 balls for 5 wickets and bowled 9 overs for 66 taking 1 wicket. Most of the teams have the 4 foreign players and up to 3-4 star Indian players and the rest just fill in. If the lesser players contributed much in the IPL sides they wouldn't be getting matched by teams from other countries who've had some of their best players pinched.

If I was Indian I'd be pretty worried actually about the lack of depth in talent in the IPL sides. If you look at the 9th, 10th and 11th best names on the team sheet in the IPL teams and compare those with other teams - it's a no contest. And that's despite the IPL having more foreign players to start off with.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Hmm I watched most of the last two years of IPL and all of the teams rely heavily on foreign players. Today for instance Chennai's 'Indian talent' scored 57 runs off 64 balls for 5 wickets and bowled 9 overs for 66 taking 1 wicket. Most of the teams have the 4 foreign players and up to 3-4 star Indian players and the rest just fill in. If the lesser players contributed much in the IPL sides they wouldn't be getting matched by teams from other countries who've had some of their best players pinched.

If I was Indian I'd be pretty worried actually about the lack of depth in talent in the IPL sides. If you look at the 9th, 10th and 11th best names on the team sheet in the IPL teams and compare those with other teams - it's a no contest. And that's despite the IPL having more foreign players to start off with.
Today was indeed such a day. But if you go over the IPL and the last champions league there were solid performances from Vijay, Bhadri, Ashwin, Raina, Dhoni and Jakati. I agree that some other teams are indeed totally imbalanced but not CSK.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
The one bad thing about tournaments like this is the fact that people like Bravo can smack people like Steyn for 16 runs in 4 deliveries. GTFO Bravo. Play for your real domestic team and what about your country.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still trying to work out how we managed to win that game last night, and how T&T contrived to lose it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Chennai have done well on the back of Raina, Dhoni, Vijay and Mike Hussey since the IPL first started. That's 3 Indians. They're the one team which doesn't rely on foreign stars compared to the others.

You're dead on about the other teams though.

Last edited:

mono

U19 Debutant
The one bad thing about tournaments like this is the fact that people like Bravo can smack people like Steyn for 16 runs in 4 deliveries. GTFO Bravo. Play for your real domestic team and what about your country.
Lol! Do batsmen have to be of certain pedigree to smack steyn now.

In anycase, people shouldn't underestimate Bravo's talent up until about 3 years ago he was one of the worlds best all-rounders, in all formats of the game. It's unfortunate that his game has slipped in the last 3-4 years.

mono

U19 Debutant
Chennai have done well on the back of Raina, Dhoni, Vijay and Mike Hussey since the IPL first started. They're the one team which doesn't rely on foreign stars compared to the others.

Yep. Chennai actually feels like a team as opposed to a loose confederate of superstars backed up by useless crap

Spikey

Chennai have done well on the back of Raina, Dhoni, Vijay and Mike Hussey since the IPL first started. That's 3 Indians. They're the one team which doesn't rely on foreign stars compared to the others.

Tbf the great man (Dougeh) has been pretty important for them. But if Chennal could only play 1-2 overseas players like the rest Dougeh would still play, so it doesn't matter much.

Daemon

MI's foreign talent has been **** forever besides Malinga and Pollard (in the first season he was bought). They've always relied on Sachin, Rayudu, Tiwary and Malinga and Bhajji for the bowling. Blizzard, Symonds, Jacobs and Franklin have done **** all for them in the IPL.

mono

U19 Debutant
MI's foreign talent has been **** forever besides Malinga and Pollard (in the first season he was bought). They've always relied on Sachin, Rayudu, Tiwary and Malinga and Bhajji for the bowling. Blizzard, Symonds, Jacobs and Franklin have done **** all for them in the IPL.
Last season it was just malinga. This ICL it's looks like it's still just malinga 8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
I know Blizzard and Symo have been poor but Franklin has hardly disgraced Mumbai. Averaging 35 with a gun SR.