• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

adub

International Captain
Not cricket.
Yeah pretty much how I feel. I'm interested because it's the Blues in their last go at 20-20, but it's a bit of a farce really isn't it. Feel sorry for T&T as they were the better team for most of the game, but some luck at the end got us home. More lottery than cricket.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The ongoing T&T vs NSW thingy, whatever it is, shows how this could be a pretty good tournament if it weren't for franchises.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funny thing about this is that Moz actually has a contract with the Mumbai Foreigners iirc

mono

U19 Debutant
Yeah pretty much how I feel. I'm interested because it's the Blues in their last go at 20-20, but it's a bit of a farce really isn't it. Feel sorry for T&T as they were the better team for most of the game, but some luck at the end got us home. More lottery than cricket.
Call it whatever you like, but it pretty good entertainment. :D

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Albie Morkel's bowling still part-time mid 80s stuff. I find it pretty funny that captains still bowl him. I mean he's played a huge number of matches and the stats speak for themselves. 8 an over in T20 and a rubbish bowling average. Even part-timers generally have better figures than that. Coincidentally one of the few players with a worse economy rate is also playing for Chennai - Dwayne Bravo.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great spell from J-PD. 4/20 from his 4. Gave the ball some proper air too; wasn't just darting them in.

Dhoni the key now, stating the bleedin' obvious as that is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty underrated as a bowler, isn't he? Every time I've watched him bowl he's got some nice flight on it. I remember him comfortably outbowling Paul Harris in the Tests a couple of years ago.

Anyway, baddies in trouble again. Dhoni goes and it's basically game up.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sigh. Chennai should be dead and buried by now.

Wonder how you must feel as a captain, bringing on your strike bowler an over early for the exact purpose of getting one guy out, and then that.

And now a six, this is balls.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Who'll get the last? Hoepfully Dale will leave 'em plenty to work with.

EDIT: That didn't help. Juicy full toss duly carted.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical IPL team situation. Two foreigners trying to save the evil ones by chasing 23 off the last two overs.