• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Ganga says in the post match ceremony that he was playing for the Super over!!!!

I still dont get it why they were playing for the Super over

mono

U19 Debutant
There are alot of people criticizing daren Ganga's field setting and even accusing him of match fixing. I think some of this is little unfair. Shirvin wasn't bowling too well and there was a very good possibility of the batsmen getting underneath the ball.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There are alot of people criticizing daren Ganga's field setting and even accusing him of match fixing. I think some of this is little unfair. Shirvin wasn't bowling too well and there was a very good possibility of the batsmen getting underneath the ball.
Accusing him of match fixing is far past unfair, if it has been suggested. It's slanderous and moronic.

He had to back his bowler, however. You wouldn't have a completely ring field - a man back at long on, perhaps deep square..maybe three out at the most, and those players 10m at least off the boundary to ensure two couldn't be taken. You'd always have a man on the corner of the circle at mid-wicket.

Don't ignore the fact as well that it was a crap throw. A decent one would've caught him short.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching Champions league match intro for the first time today..So hilarious..
Would be further hilarious if the players can make some poses and actions while entering ala WWE..

Jayzamann

International Regular
Any damage done before the first wicket falls is a bonus. It was these two and their opening partnerships that were so good for the Redbacks in the last CLT20.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny that everyone seems to be surprised that Shaun 'spray it everywhere' Tait was left out but not Rashid. He might seem a bit of a shunt but he's a good T20 bowler and their best, most experienced spinner - that's more surprising for me.

Edit: Hang on, why do I care? :mellow:

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Why isn't Ferguson picked for national duty more often?
What I've been thinking over the last year. Why are they wasting time with people like David Hussey when they've got this guy? I remember when he first started playing 2 years ago he was doing really well. Then he got that knee injury and we've barely seen him since.