• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
[/B]

Hughes did before him. Clarke's just taken his chance on a highway to make it surer. He will be relieved to score some runs after being exposed as not quite up to it at #4.

Probably Australia's most ordinary performance in SL for some time given that we tended to dominate them when they had Murali and Vaas, home and away.
Similarly, we don't have a world beating side, either....

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
[/B]

Hughes did before him. Clarke's just taken his chance on a highway to make it surer. He will be relieved to score some runs after being exposed as not quite up to it at #4.

Probably Australia's most ordinary performance in SL for some time given that we tended to dominate them when they had Murali and Vaas, home and away.
Love it. Let's never let go of the good old days and give any credit whatever you do.

Considering our last 12 months this is a big confidence booster. We've blooded some new players which have given us a bit of an injection of enthusiasm. Good on Clarke for racking up some runs, he badly needs them. I think he's skippered very well. No complaints there.

Briony

International Debutant
Love it. Let's never let go of the good old days and give any credit whatever you do.

Considering our last 12 months this is a big confidence booster. We've blooded some new players which have given us a bit of an injection of enthusiasm. Good on Clarke for racking up some runs, he badly needs them. I think he's skippered very well. No complaints there.
We've tended to dominate SL. Lately they've been ordinary in test cricket. Post Murali they will probably struggle even at home. Away they've been shyte. It's not really that surprising that Australia has been able to overcome them. Their attack lacks any real sort of penetration, especially on these roads. Australia at least has had Harris who is head and shoulders the best in either attack. Australia will probably compete pretty well with what will be an underprepared SA too, especially given the fact that SA hasn't beaten oz at home in some forty years.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hughes fell with a lead of about 60.

As for the rest, yawn. No visiting team has won a series in SL since we last showed up seven years ago. And this time we had an attack containing one utterly unpredictable bowler, one bowler who almost certainly wasn't going to play the whole series and two debutants. Yet we won one test comprehensively, almost did the same in another but for the weather and have comfortably saved this one.

I'll take that, frankly.

Complaining that the team isn't performing as well as when Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath were in the side is churlish in the extreme.
Pakistan 2006.

Spark

Global Moderator
Pakistan 2006.
Ah my mistake. Still, point stands - coming to SL and winning is a difficult task.

---

In any case the only member of our side who had previous Test experience in SL was Ponting. I submit, our past achievements here counted for little coming into this series.

Briony

International Debutant
bah he's a skirt and a dil by name and dil by nature judging by his performances this series

Yes both skippers are little weeds. Underwear advertising king Clarke and Dilshan have both been ordinary with the bat before this highway was prepared. And both have to hide down the order to make any runs!!!!!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ah my mistake. Still, point stands - coming to SL and winning is a difficult task.

---

In any case the only member of our side who had previous Test experience in SL was Ponting. I submit, our past achievements here counted for little coming into this series.
yeah i agree this is the best Aus has looked in 18 months Clarke seems a decent skip.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes both skippers are little weeds. Underwear advertising king Clarke and Dilshan have both been ordinary with the bat before this highway was prepared. And both have to hide down the order to make any runs!!!!!!!
:laugh:

You haven't been watching this series very closely have you?

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Steve Waugh 'hid' down the order much of his career.

Spikey

His first posts were made this match

He was promptly put on the ignore list so stop quoting the **** you ****s

Spikey

user cp>>>>edit ignore list

was tricky to find for me too although in retrospect it's not really

Anyway, one hour's left. doubt we'll even bother declaring when hussey gets the ton