• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

uvelocity

International Coach
There was a bit of backplay between them the previous over. I'm not quite sure what Sanga was playing at given that Clarke had basically batted them out of the series.
I reckon clarke was cranky cause his knee was sore, sanga was stirring him up, nicely done. But of course clarke had the last laugh, he's having a nice cold shower and just checking the esky to make sure there's enough ice in there :)

Briony

International Debutant
There was a bit of backplay between them the previous over. I'm not quite sure what Sanga was playing at given that Clarke had basically batted them out of the series.

Hughes did before him. Clarke's just taken his chance on a highway to make it surer. He will be relieved to score some runs after being exposed as not quite up to it at #4.

Probably Australia's most ordinary performance in SL for some time given that we tended to dominate them when they had Murali and Vaas, home and away.

Spark

Global Moderator
[/B]

Hughes did before him. Clarke's just taken his chance on a highway to make it surer. He will be relieved to score some runs after being exposed as not quite up to it at #4.

Probably Australia's most ordinary performance in SL for some time given that we tended to dominate them when they had Murali and Vaas, home and away.
Hughes fell with a lead of about 60.

As for the rest, yawn. No visiting team has won a series in SL since we last showed up seven years ago. And this time we had an attack containing one utterly unpredictable bowler, one bowler who almost certainly wasn't going to play the whole series and two debutants. Yet we won one test comprehensively, almost did the same in another but for the weather and have comfortably saved this one.

I'll take that, frankly.

Complaining that the team isn't performing as well as when Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath were in the side is churlish in the extreme.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
[/B]

you are just an above average team tis been a good effort by Aus, Vass and Murali would have dominated this Aus side fo sure.