• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hughes nicely gets rid of both of SL's reviews through batting like a ****

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
Herath and Wele are really the only two to pose problems. Maybe the 2nd new ball might do something, but with luck both bats will be nicely set again tomorrow morning before that arrives.

Good days test cricket and nice to see the positive batting from Australia in contrast to the Lankans crawl. Top innings from Hughes. Get a good night's sleep son and go on with it tomorrow. The good thing is that with a pretty good scoring rate we'll probably only need another 150 or so to make it safe. If we're 200 in front and last after the middle session drinks break it's not likely to be chased down.

Burgey

That's our day quite comfortably I think, but SL still ahead in the match overall.

So pleased for Hughes. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to rebuild a technique while playing at the highest level. He's by no means there, but this back and across movemt to the new ball is tons better than back and away.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Need Clarke to do score some runs here.

Not sure what's happening with Punter. Might not last the summer at this rate. If you can't fill your boots in Sri Lanka where can you

Burgey

Need Clarke to do score some runs here.

Not sure what's happening with Punter. Might not last the summer at this rate. If you can't fill your boots in Sri Lanka where can you
Dud shot first dig, couldn't do a great deal with the one he got today.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but I don't think too many had misbehaved before that point. Tbf though I was flicking to and from Four Corners and swearing at Cory Bernardi.
A couple had. He was playing at far too many of those, though, and getting pinned on the crease.

---

Apparently Marsh thought he had gloved it (his glove hit the pad)... still weird.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
A couple had. He was playing at far too many of those, though, and getting pinned on the crease.

---

Apparently Marsh thought he had gloved it (his glove hit the pad)... still weird.
If he thought he gloved it,fair enough. I'll stop referring to his lack of brain power.