• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Howe_zat

Audio File
This game is starting to peter out a touch, isn't it? I'd hoped Sri Lanka could get past 450 by the end of the day, put some real pressure on the Aussies and we'd soon have them batting again.

I suppose the wickets in hand aren't bad for the result - obviously they're good for Sri Lanka - as they can maybe go for it tomorrow morning and get the big lead. But whatever happens it looks like Australia are going to have to collapse horribly in their second innings to lose this, and I don't think Sri Lanka have the bowling to make that happen.

pup11

International Coach
Same could be said for you. There's a very clear reason for the lack of reverse swing and a long shot camera angle of the field will show the reason
In even more damp conditions on day 1 and 2 the Lankan quicks got the ball to reverse so to say the ball isn't reversing because of the lush outfield doesn't have any merit.

adub

International Captain
Has to be said that Lady Luck hasn't been smiling on Copes in this innings. Lad certainly deserves more than the one wicket that he's had.
The two LBW's and that shot to midwicket could have been wickets with a bit of fortune, but the catch behind was pretty lucky to stick. It's just a road, no one's going to run through a side on it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In even more damp conditions on day 1 and 2 the Lankan quicks got the ball to reverse so to say the ball isn't reversing because of the lush outfield doesn't have any merit.
No they didn't. They got normal swing. There was no sign of swing between over 50-80.

Keep in mind day 1 also saw grey skies.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
You are being harsh on a very inexperienced attack three of whom have never bowled in Sri Lanka before this series and Johnson has only bowled with the white ball. And this is a bowler's graveyard.

I would hope the Sri Lankans would have bowled better, it's their home ground and they had better conditions.

Point fingers at the batting, far, far more experience there but they were propped up by a novice and Mike Hussey. Again.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
It's just a road, no one's going to run through a side on it.
Would agree with that. However, you get the feeling that an attack of Lillee, Marshall, Hadlee and Imran would have run through sides even on this track. :cool:

But any bowler who's not of the highest league would struggle to decimate batting line-ups here.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Prasanna stepping up the ante here...Good stuff! They'd be looking to cash in on a tired attack in hot, humid conditions and add some quick runs now.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
you are being harsh on a very inexperienced attack three of whom have never bowled in sri lanka before this series and johnson has only bowled with the white ball. And this is a bowler's graveyard.

I would hope the sri lankans would have bowled better, it's their home ground and they had better conditions.

Point fingers at the batting, far, far more experience there but they were propped up by a novice and mike hussey. Again.
awta!

pup11

International Coach
No they didn't. They got normal swing. There was no sign of swing between over 50-80.

Keep in mind day 1 also saw grey skies.
When a guy like Ponting says in a interview that there was conventional and reverse swing through the course of day 1, then I would like to believe he knows what he is taking about.

Anyways the fact of the matter is that you have gotta pitch the ball in the batsmen's half to make it swing and its no secret that both Johnson and Siddle are reluctant bowlers when it comes down to bowling a fuller length and their type of bowling just doesn't work in these conditions.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention that siddle has been running in all day.

onya copes!

Last edited: