• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

OMM!

U19 12th Man
41* from 21 balls at the end of a game is a lot better than 107 from 93 in the middle overs.

Especially against an England attack missing Broad, Tremlett, Onions, Shahzad and Briggs!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think that lineup was capable of scoring many more under those conditions - they probably exceeded most people's expectations and still came up short. A good effort by India towards the end of the ODI series though - their heads never really dropped despite the fact that they must have felt like a squeaky toy that a dog had been shaking about for the last four months.

I wonder how they'll go in the return ODI series. There's a fine line between character-building and shell-shock.
Agree with the assessment of India's batting. They did reasonably well. Going forward, bowling is a serious concern for India in both forms of the game. The rate at which bowlers are falling is concerning. Definitely, they cannot keep playing entire lengths of IPL. Their participation should be limited to 5-6 games each season. Without fitness issues, I think our bowling might be decent enough at least in the LOI version.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah. You have Sehwag and Zaheer in a first choice XI, surely?

Neither in the first flush of youth.
They're both 32. In any case, saying 'half' our side is ageing and deteriorating rapidly is obviously a misrepresentation.

How is that relevant?
Because someone suggested we should get used to losing, when we were competitive throughout the series, arguably batted better than the English against better bowling (I blame the loss on our bowlers mostly) all while having 80% of our full strength XI missing.