• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Because the game was in the balance and then Bairstow came in and it was easy. Correct decision.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No problems with Bairstow getting MotM at all. Young shaver on debut comes to the crease wirth 75 runs still needed at 8.5 an over and he sees us home with 10 balls to spare.

As good as Kohli's innings was, him treading on his stumps meant India were probably 20 runs shy of what they should've had, despite Patel's & Dernbach's last over efforts.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think India were short tbh.

Kohli played perfectly for the situation he was in and for longer and in any case Kohli and Bairstow were almost playing in completely different contexts due to the rain/shortening of the match and the wet ball.Bopara scored about the same strike rate as Bairstow too.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Varun Aaron and Vinay Kumar- let's look at these two. Varun was picked largely on promise of pace, and still bowls with some pace, but is inexperienced, and is also a little underpowered. He was, however, fitter, faster and more productive than poor tailenders RP and Munaf. Maybe he should have been tried out? Questions about his exclusion still ring. Vinay Kumar is another veteran of several domestic seasons in India, and should have been a regular after the World Cup, but gets smashed on flat decks often, and struggles to stay in the side. If he can increase his pace and also add more runs with the bat, he'll be very useful for India. Should be a regular now, ahead of those pushovers RP, Munaf and Sree.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Good knock from Bairstow. Looked a different class to Stokes.

Must admit I got a bit confused in the batting power play. Anderson normally comes in at this stage, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting statement given the result
I know you won't like hearing this, but the wet ball and the reduction of the match changed the context of the 2 innings completely.Been the same whole series and the 2 teams playing a different type of match is so irritating as ankit said yesterday.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Huge appearance from Lucky Eddie!

How are you mate?
Well - very well actually.

Fully employed as as fit as I'll ever be. I had a hip replacement last year so I can walk again - I was able to return to work less than a month afterwards.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No doubt but India didn't win so they were short. If they had scored more they might have won. It's not a hard equation.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The basic moral implications though slightly different should be similar though.

In hindsight though should have included expressing Joy at injuries with Wishing injuries in that initial post, but didn't think that would be the major issue.:p
Well if you're going to imply somebody is doing something and take unbridge at them doing so, I think youd be well advised to make sure the implication is what they are actual/ly doing or stfu

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
No doubt but India didn't win so they were short. If they had scored more they might have won. It's not a hard equation.
I don't think that lineup was capable of scoring many more under those conditions - they probably exceeded most people's expectations and still came up short. A good effort by India towards the end of the ODI series though - their heads never really dropped despite the fact that they must have felt like a squeaky toy that a dog had been shaking about for the last four months.

I wonder how they'll go in the return ODI series. There's a fine line between character-building and shell-shock.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well if you're going to imply somebody is doing something and take unbridge at them doing so, I think youd be well advised to make sure the implication is what they are actual/ly doing or stfu
Expressing Joy at someone getting injured is as dire as wishing injury on someone tbh and indirectly implies the same.

Unless you think being happy about someone getting injured because you don't like them is OK, don't get what the problem is?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think India were short tbh.

Kohli played perfectly for the situation he was in and for longer and in any case Kohli and Bairstow were almost playing in completely different contexts due to the rain/shortening of the match and the wet ball.Bopara scored about the same strike rate as Bairstow too.
I think India were short from where they were. 216/2 after 40 overs should translate to 320 in the modern game. For comparison India's total after 40 in the 4th ODI was 171/4 and they got to 280.

& Bopara scored at 27 runs less per 100 balls than Bairstow. Not the same at all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
& Bopara scored at 27 runs less per 100 balls than Bairstow. Not the same at all.
That's blowing it out of proportion imo, he took 1 ball more and scored 4 runs less than Bairstow which is very, very similar.

I still think Kohli's innings was better than Bairstow's, he had to score his runs against a much much better attack, bat through the entire middle overs and create the platform from which India could launch in the last few overs. His couple of overs in the middle of England's innings as well as the wicket were useful as well in the absence of Munaf, though his last one sort of spoiled his figures. But India lost, so the award would be favoured toward an English player and that's where I feel Swann should've got it.

Not a big issue though and good on the kid for playing an exciting knock.