• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
In a series when Sangakkara takes the new ball, there have been debutants, part-timers and when an Australian debutant whose barely played first class cricket outbowls the host spinners, maybe not too far off the mark. They've regularly served up a buffet of rubbish. Even if in this innings they've shown a bit of discipline and stuck to line and length doesn't elevate them beyond lots of club bowlers who can do that without being too penetrative.
What club do you play at?

pup11

International Coach
Over the last two years,

Johnson - inns: 30 ave: 12.76 ducks: 9

for comparison

Siddle - inns: 14 ave: 19.36 ducks: 2
Hauritz - inns: 15 ave: 34.33 ducks: 0
Hilfenhaus - inns: 15 ave:17.40 ducks: 3
Those are pretty telling numbers tbh, goes without saying that his batting ability is one thing that has kept Johnson in the side through highs and lows ahead of some other quicks.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
In a series when Sangakkara takes the new ball, there have been debutants, part-timers and when an Australian debutant whose barely played first class cricket outbowls the host spinners, maybe not too far off the mark. They've regularly served up a buffet of rubbish. Even if in this innings they've shown a bit of discipline and stuck to line and length doesn't elevate them beyond lots of club bowlers who can do that without being too penetrative.
My comment was ONLY in reference to performance in this test thus far. There's an addition to this team and the new pacer has picked up 3 wickets. On the whole, they've been reasonably disciplined here.

Over the series, I agree with you that the quality of the Lankan attack leaves a lot to be desired. In this innings though, the hosts' bowling performance hasn't exactly been as "rubbish" as has been pointed out.

uvelocity

International Coach
Over the series, I agree with you that the quality of the Lankan attack leaves a lot to be desired. In this innings though, the hosts' bowling performance hasn't exactly been as "rubbish" as has been pointed out.
It's been fair to good. Aus batting has been mostly poor.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Eranga into the attack. He's been the best bowler on display, for mine.

Lyon looks capable enough to support Mussey though. A good stand at this stage will really hurt Lanka.

mono

U19 Debutant
Sri lankan bowling leaves a lot to be desired, but our buggers bowled alright in this test. They realized their limitations and bowled accordingly. Too many Aussies played rash strokes.

uvelocity

International Coach
good knock huss.

bit short of runs there, **** batting from so many.

10 min session here? a wicket before lunch too much to hope for?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
These 15 odd minute sessions are a pain in the a**e for the batsmen. Let's see what Copes and Siddle (I'm guessing) have to throw at them!

Noble One

A very enjoyable first innings. The bowling has been tight, and two nice innings from Hussey and Marsh.

Fantastic effort by the debutant bowler. He looks a find, but I will give him some time before passing judgement. How many medium pacers have Sri Lanka debuted in the past decade? Many have looked decent only to fall away.

NasserFan207

A very enjoyable first innings. The bowling has been tight, and two nice innings from Hussey and Marsh.

Fantastic effort by the debutant bowler. He looks a find, but I will give him some time before passing judgement. How many medium pacers have Sri Lanka debuted in the past decade? Many have looked decent only to fall away.
Well they've debuted an arseload of mediumpacers but the difference is none have 'looked decent', so promising signs.