• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Trott's debut ton in a series-deciding 5th Ashes test not cutting the mustard, eh?

Tough task-master, Corrin.
Oh, there have been other absolutely marvellous debuts in the interim period - Cook's possibly the best of the lot - but I just mean for the jaw dropping 'did he just do that' nature of it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From having a side that is rather orthodox and struggles to hit boundaries you could easily see a top 7 like:

Kieswetter
Cook
KP
Stokes
Morgan
Bairstow
Buttler

Which could be absolutely devastating. Obviously that lineup is more in the future and there'll be the odd change but that would be rather fun to watch. These days there are very few players that can't translate their county cricket game into the national arena. Everywhere except Test batting has incredible depth in talent and ability. It's a very nice time to be an English cricket fan.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid, at the end of his final ODI, making a point of congratulating the MOTM debutant.

Wafg. Enormous respect is due to a true all time great and (from where I'm standing) one of the finest human beings to play the game.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
From having a side that is rather orthodox and struggles to hit boundaries you could easily see a top 7 like:

Kieswetter
Cook
KP
Stokes
Morgan
Bairstow
Buttler

Which could be absolutely devastating. Obviously that lineup is more in the future and there'll be the odd change but that would be rather fun to watch. These days there are very few players that can't translate their county cricket game into the national arena. Everywhere except Test batting has incredible depth in talent and ability. It's a very nice time to be an English cricket fan.
Bit optimistic re: Stokes and Buttler, neither have done it on the international stage (yet)

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
First cricket game I ever saw that btw. Amazing debut
I couldn't believe my eyes that UK summer. You Poms beat the daylights out of us in the ode's, we were gone, then you thrashed us in some style in the first test- incredible display really, this coming after you guys struggled in NZ and we thrashed South Africa in SA. Luckily the Aussies kept coming at the Poms and ground them down eventually, to the point where England was back to the usual crap of making desperate selections to win a test, and it backfired as usual, except for Tuffers in the 6th test!

Jacknife

International Captain
Dravid, at the end of his final ODI, making a point of congratulating the MOTM debutant.

Wafg. Enormous respect is due to a true all time great and (from where I'm standing) one of the finest human beings to play the game.
Said the same, class all the way to the end.