• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Swann, the stand out bowler. Would love to see him grow into one of the most effective ODI spin bowlers!

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Doesn't say much for our domestic one day stocks when Dernbach has been the best quick in the CB40 by a mile.

Bun

Banned
Come on, that last shot was a ****ing joke. Two feet off the ground, arms everywhere. The fact that he somehow edged it down to third man for 4 doesn't make it effective, it makes Dhoni a ****ing jammy bastard.
Yep, no batsman ever has scored a run off edges in one day cricket.

chap's got 6000 runs at 50. your bitterness is obvious and it adds to the ebauty of the knock.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
One of the most effective ODI bowlers of all time, I mean. You don't think he can? :p
Nah, won't have a long enough career to be talked up as an ATG, though I don't think his final figures will be a million miles away from Saqlain's.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or Durham, and you just know they'll be given an Ashes Test for 2013.
Beautiful backdrop, one of the lowest annual rainfalls in the UK and good passionate support. Yea horrible place to play cricket.

Can England finally jettison Fatel and Dernbach now? It's worrying when Bopara isn't the biggest waste of space in the side.

Jacknife

International Captain
I've got to admit Dernbach impressed me in his his first few matches, bowled well at the death and not too bad up front but he's gone to **** in these last couple of games. To me it appears he doesn't handle the pressure very well and loses the plot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lots of things you could criticise England for during that innings but Swann only bowling 9 overs was nothing short of ridiculous. If Patel and Bopara are going to get through more than ten between them in the middle overs then it should just mean that Dirtbag bowls less overs up front. The proper bowlers in the side should not be robbed of overs, especially if they happen to take 3/34 off 9 and the opposition cracks 300 FFS.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lots of things you could criticise England for during that innings but Swann only bowling 9 overs was nothing short of ridiculous. If Patel and Bopara are going to get through more than ten between them in the middle overs then it should just mean that Dirtbag bowls less overs up front. The proper bowlers in the side should not be robbed of overs, especially if they happen to take 3/34 off 9 and the opposition cracks 300 FFS.
I said in less than 50 words. :p

Patel getting an 8th when he'd given away 5.5 an over for his first 7 was stupid.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously these DL targets have been incredulous this series. 295 off 47 overs...probably lost a powerplay over as well
Loss of a PP over may not be a bad thing though, as we're usually disastrous in the final PP session.

Patel needs to score a fair few to make up for his efforts with the ball and in the field, doesn't he.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Three overs of dicking around lost. Look at CB40 scores - they're never far off 50-over scores.

More classic Cardiff weather...