• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thanks for reminding me why I didn't want Kohli to get out. At least when he was beating us we didn't have to watch Dhoni heaving it around.
Haha, Kohli's lethal at the death too. Just bats so high its not often seen. In T20 he smacks it around.

Jacknife

International Captain
I love Bres but I'm having my serious doubts about him as a one day bowler, he just doesn't take wickets and has been getting it wrong at the death as well..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, Kohli's lethal at the death too. Just bats so high its not often seen. In T20 he smacks it around.
I think his point was that when Kohli hits out it doesn't make you question whether cricket is actually worth watching or not, unlike Dhoni's technique in this situation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of the best and most versatile ODI batsman going around is Dhoni. Very good innings here, because this could have gone very badly for India after those 2 wickets.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I love Bres but I'm having my serious doubts about him as a one day bowler, he just doesn't take wickets and has been getting it wrong at the death as well..
Needs to be shown footage of his bowling to India's batsmen at the World Cup, just doesn't seem to be able to land his yorker at all.

What's worrying is that for such a meticulously drilled Test unit there's a worrying tendency for them to bowl like complete idiots in ODIs - particularly at the death.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I always used to think so but he was our best bowler in the World Cup by a distance. Remember him yorking Kohli and Harbhajan in successive balls on a dead wicket in Bangalore? Bowled well in the Sri Lanka series too, and has had good patches in this series, though far from his best.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So Swann only gets to bowl 9 overs whilst we allowed Patel to bowl 8. Someone explain that one to me in 50 words or less please.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
What's worrying is that for such a meticulously drilled Test unit there's a worrying tendency for them to bowl like complete idiots in ODIs - particularly at the death.
It's a completely different skill set. One which many great test players never managed to master as well as they would have liked.