• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh ok, that's interesting. Wow yeah Philander's record is ridiculous, from his profile pic looks like he means business as well haha.
235 wickets at 19??? He *must* have run over the chairman of selectors cat, twice. How is he not playing test cricket in place of Tsotsobe?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
235 wickets at 19??? He *must* have run over the chairman of selectors cat, twice. How is he not playing test cricket in place of Tsotsobe?
He's known as a bit of a dickhead and a terrible, terrible fielder, plus his bowling looked gash when he played ODIs and T20s for South Africa. He should definitely be playing IMO but it's not too hard to see why he's been overlooked.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I have no idea how their selection policies work, but if he is anywhere as good as his record suggests I'm not complaining!! Imagine an attack of Steyn, Morkel, Tahir + some other gun quick...We'd have nothing.

Ruckus

International Captain
He's known as a bit of a dickhead and a terrible, terrible fielder, plus his bowling looked gash when he played ODIs and T20s for South Africa. He should definitely be playing IMO but it's not too hard to see why he's been overlooked.
He does have pretty poor OD and T20 records though. I imagine people who saw Copeland bowl in the PM's OD match would have thought he looked **** as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He does have pretty poor OD and T20 records though. I imagine people who saw Copeland bowl in the PM's OD match would have thought he looked **** as well.
Yeah, he's a bit Copelandish in general. Doesn't really look much but keeps an immaculate line and moves the ball a bit in both directions; cleans up to stupid extents on bowling wickets. He's a little quicker than Copeland - low to mid 130s - and not quite as tall but they're similar bowlers otherwise.

He does have 30 wickets @ 12 playing in a competition that shouldn't have FC status which inflates his figures a little, but it's still an absolutely amazing record regardless. TT Boy was saying not long ago that he reckons he might finally debut soon because Kirsten, the new coach, rates him. As I alluded to before, the that he can't catch and that he doesn't err make friends easily have probably held him back more than anything; the fact that he looks a fair bit worse than he is and debuted internationally in a format he is poor in certainly didn't help though.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just read an article which said hints that Ponting wont be batting 3. V interesting. Would be a good move I think.
Will be annoyed if Ponting moves down the order to accomodate Marsh - normally a middle order bat - after he didn't do the same and made Khawaja - normally a top order bat - bat at 6.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be annoyed if Ponting moves down the order to accomodate Marsh - normally a middle order bat - after he didn't do the same and made Khawaja - normally a top order bat - bat at 6.
True, though it's no longer his choice tbf.

adub

International Captain
Been underwhelmed a bit by this series to date.

Hope this Test is a bit better.
Really? The rain in Kandy was about the only thing that's put a dampener on it really for me. Good test cricket for the most part, although the Lankan bats have been a bit below their best.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What for? Jim Maxwell tweeted all is fine in Colombo today. Also hinted Marsh to bat three.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Marsh at 3 is what i'm hearing......rained heavily at 5am in colombo, pitch inspection in 5 mins, late start.