• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

stumpski

International Captain
I'm enjoying the coverage from Taunton now. Showing the scoreboard at the end of the over - how quaint. Almost expect to see Jack Simmons and David Hughes out there.

And Warwickshire have called it off.

stumpski

International Captain
:thumbup: Well done to Lancashire, ending 77 years of hurt.

And the writers of 'Son of my Father' once again miss out on vital royalties.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would suggest, as I normally do at this time of year, that this will be the year that the Championship finally comes back to Old Trafford, but for once even I really can't see it happening

I think Somerset will win it this year
Lesson finally learnt - obviously I have no doubt at all that we won't repeat this next year :happy:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Not a domestic competitions fan at all. Tried to get a bit into county cricket yesterday as I read its a thrilling end of a season...kinda failed.
Anybody would be so nice and tell me in 3 or 4 sentences whats going on exactly? :)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a domestic competitions fan at all. Tried to get a bit into county cricket yesterday as I read its a thrilling end of a season...kinda failed.
Anybody would be so nice and tell me in 3 or 4 sentences whats going on exactly? :)
The 77 years of hurt are over

andmark

International Captain
As an England/Lancashire fan my timing into Cricket has been incredibly lucky. The first series I followed was the 2005 Ashes (which England won after 18 years of loss and was what most people describe as the best series ever) and the first County Championship I followed was this one which Lancashire won for the first time in Queen Elizabeth II's reign.

Best of all, Yorkshire are relegated:ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
After numerous near-misses. They've achieved what teams with the likes of Engineer, Fowler, Atherton, Clive and David Lloyd, Fairbrother, Wasim Akram, Watkinson and many other fine players couldn't manage. A club with a tremendous history behind them finally back on top.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha I used to be like you. Start playing ICC, it sort of helps you get to know the players and gets you interested in your teams progress. :p I've played using Kent, Sussex and Lancashire and I sort of know most of the players going around in the CC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha I used to be like you. Start playing ICC, it sort of helps you get to know the players and gets you interested in your teams progress. :p I've played using Kent, Sussex and Lancashire and I sort of know most of the players going around in the CC.
Do you have a team yet?