• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would, tbh.

Watto not exactly covering himself in glory in that vid. Imagine the lemonface he'd throw if someone told him to 'just ****ing walk'.
His "great catch" comment after Clarke and Jayawardene chat wasn't exactly clever either.

Ruckus

International Captain
Good stuff. Tough luck for Khajawa, but I think that Hughes needs to be given more of a go that him.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
It sure is hard to know what to make of Hughes. So many domestic runs for someone so young, tons of runs, there is no point in him going back to domestic cricket, he just needs time to develop in test cricket, like so many batsmen have needed to do over the decades. Some just take that little bit extra long to settle, then flourish.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think they was plenty of point in leaving Hughes in the Shield in the first place for Katich but they ****ed that right up.

Cricket_Champ

Cricket Spectator
i think they was plenty of point in leaving Hughes in the Shield in the first place for Katich but they ****ed that right up.
I agree with you, although he's never going to settle in Test Cricket without playing actual Test Cricket. It was tough on Katich but if Hughes is the future of Australian Cricket, better to have him in sooner rather than later IMO.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Khawaja must be feeling a bit dirty. No chance to do anything at all in the previous match and didn't disgrace himself the game before. Marsh comes in and makes a hundred on a road and gets his spot.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha I think the expletive Watto threw in there didn't help matters either now that I listen very closely. Not the best at defusing tensions is the VC.

Cricket_Champ

Cricket Spectator
Khawaja must be feeling a bit dirty. No chance to do anything at all in the previous match and didn't disgrace himself the game before. Marsh comes in and makes a hundred on a road and gets his spot.
Number 6 isn't the spot for him. Marsh is a better fit IMO.

Spark

Global Moderator
Indeed but that's how it goes. Can't really see how you could justify leaving him in for Marsh.

adub

International Captain
Probably the most obvious response. Harsh on Uzi, but at least he knows that it was runs Marsh made in a real live actual test that got him. He'll be back soon enough I reckon.

Shame not to have Harris playing, but if it increases his chances of playing more tests later then good. Hopefully Siddle has been studying Harris closely. I don't see any reason why Siddle can't develop into the bowler Harris is today. I am very definitely not a Siddle fan, but he has shown on occasions to be able to do it. He has a similar build, approach, front on delivery and strength, to Harris he just needs to get that consistent length Harris bowls with and stop dropping short **** into the hip. He can do it as we've seen, we just need it every innings rather than 1 in every 6.

Cricket_Champ

Cricket Spectator
Probably the most obvious response. Harsh on Uzi, but at least he knows that it was runs Marsh made in a real live actual test that got him. He'll be back soon enough I reckon.

Shame not to have Harris playing, but if it increases his chances of playing more tests later then good. Hopefully Siddle has been studying Harris closely. I don't see any reason why Siddle can't develop into the bowler Harris is today. I am very definitely not a Siddle fan, but he has shown on occasions to be able to do it. He has a similar build, approach, front on delivery and strength, to Harris he just needs to get that consistent length Harris bowls with and stop dropping short **** into the hip. He can do it as we've seen, we just need it every innings rather than 1 in every 6.
It's the same deal with Siddle as it is with Copeland. Obviously given time and exposure bowling to high quality batsman, Siddle should (and will) develop into a better bowler. Just need to give him time. As you have said, he can do it but with more experience and a little bit of confidence it'll happen more frequently.