• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
I put a fairly high value on Mathews' batting down the order. Seems to bat well with the tail and is very head strong and composed despite the situation that the team is in. I dont think Dilshan really has those qualities as a batsmen so I'd really prefer him opening at the moment. Mathews has done well down the order and won us games batting there, more so in limited over formats. Why fix what isn't broken?

adub

International Captain
Looks like Big Hearted Pete will be bowling in Colombo with Harris' scan revealing a small strain. No point risking him with SA and the home summer so close. Good chance for Siddle - he'll probably come out and take a 6-fer. Have no idea how they'll resolve the batting issue though. Nothing would surprise me although I think Uzi is most likely to miss out.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame for Harris but i think they have to expect this. If he ends his career with 100 test wickets he'll have done well as I fear he won't get enough games in despite his undoubted ability.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Its entirely possible they will drop Marsh, but you would think its unlikely. Usman to miss out is my bet.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Looks like Big Hearted Pete will be bowling in Colombo with Harris' scan revealing a small strain. No point risking him with SA and the home summer so close. Good chance for Siddle - he'll probably come out and take a 6-fer. Have no idea how they'll resolve the batting issue though. Nothing would surprise me although I think Uzi is most likely to miss out.
I'm loathe to reunite Siddle and Johnson tho. We might see Pattinson hopefully.

Ruckus

International Captain
Haven't seen much of Pattinson, but from what I've seen reckon he would be more likely to pick up some wickets in bad bowling conditions than Siddle. That being said, there is no way he should play ahead of Siddle. It would be too risky, and he just doesn't have enough experience to deserve it.

Spikey

This has more to do with my dislike of Siddle. Its a matter of two unattractive propositions for me.
i dunno know. Since he ditched the big hair J-Pat is a pass for me. Siddle meanwhile is still as ugly as ever

ho nomo

Valer

First Class Debutant
Haven't seen much of Pattinson, but from what I've seen reckon he would be more likely to pick up some wickets in bad bowling conditions than Siddle. That being said, there is no way he should play ahead of Siddle. It would be too risky, and he just doesn't have enough experience to deserve it.
Note I think this is the correct selection policy bias aside.

i dunno know. Since he ditched the big hair J-Pat is a pass for me. Siddle meanwhile is still as ugly as ever

ho nomo
:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This series, it just happens to be Harris.
As it 'just happened' to be during The Ashes. :happy:

I think the reason is that he is the best bowler we have at the moment when he's fit. It's no coincidence, he bowls better lines than the rest (although Copeland might be stiff competition in that department now) and does a bit with the ball.

If Harris manages to stay fit for a little while I think he stands a fair chance of being our best bowler in a number of series.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
As it 'just happened' to be during The Ashes. :happy:

I think the reason is that he is the best bowler we have at the moment when he's fit. It's no coincidence, he bowls better lines than the rest (although Copeland might be stiff competition in that department now) and does a bit with the ball.

If Harris manages to stay fit for a little while I think he stands a fair chance of being our best bowler in a number of series.
Yep. He's just the guy who asks more questions more often than any other. Rarely bowls a bad ball and generally bowls a good line and full attacking length that maximises the chances of any movement producing a result. Big fan of his work.

Top_Cat

Length plus seam his biggest assets, for mine. Aside from pace, has been the prime mover in making him world-class.

Ruckus

International Captain
I've been really impressed with his attitude as well. Every time he bowls a bad ball or gits hit for a boundary he really tries to step it up a notch, and when he's on song he is just simply relentless.

pup11

International Coach
Sad to hear about Harris but unfortunately him getting injured while playing back-to-back tests was somewhat always on the cards, like some have already said the awful thing about this is that both Siddle and Johnson would once again be the part of the same attack and that obviously could turn into a disaster for us in a series where if nothing else we have bowled with great discipline.

Siddle is someone I do rate and if he decides to bowl a fuller length he is very likely to cause a few problems for the batsmen but in the light of recent evidence its highly unlikely to see him do anything else but bowl short.