• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Not disputing the above but the root of Australia's poor performance in the past couple of years has surely been stuff like getting bowled out for ****-all on day 1 of a Test. The bowlers, already a fairly fragile unit, are instantly under immense pressure to take wickets quickly without giving away many runs (every 4 hurts in that situation) and otherwise bowl their guts out just to limit the damage to a 200-run lead.

In some ways, it's still a problem too. Honestly, the SL tour has gone better than I thought but tougher bowling attacks like the Saffies will be a huge test and I'm not terribly optimistic. Not to mention, the next Test is at the SSC, a place where SL hasn't lost since Australia were last there. They've generally smashed the daylights out of anyone daring to cross the white line, no matter how good the team, and three bats (Jayawardene, Sangakkara and Samaraweera) have immense records there. If Australia don't win here, a drawn series is pretty likely.
This. I think the Saffer attack will make a meal of us unless Hughes picks up from where he left off over there. How has Johnson been this morning?

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
SL being a small country, I can only assume this weather is not limited to the region of this venue.

If that's the case, there would have to be a fair chance of rain for the thrid test too, wouldn't there?
Mostly passing showers at the moment. Will probably interfere with the game but not for long periods unless of course there is unexpected heavy rain.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Poor. Seemed to forget that with a 7-2 offside field, you shouldn't be bowling on their hips.
Oh well, he's been surprisingly decent so far. I mean decent as in accurate, he seems to get stuff all on the ball or out of the pitch unlike Cops and Harris.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris second to Steyn in the world. There I said it.
No way. Has to do it for more than a few tests, lest he be the faster, Australian Zaheer.

Anderson has been as good, or better, for longer (even though he has no chest).