• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Howe_zat

Audio File
So it's getting interesting again. Forecast for tomorrow is dire, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next wicket brings a collapse. Given how important these two are to Sri Lanka and how pants the tail is, I'd say they need to take the lead with 2 down if they want to save the game.

pup11

International Coach
Yep, the attack has done a terrible job this series with Sri Lanka reaching 400 in every innings. It needs wholesale changes; time to debut Pattinson and Cummins to see if they can have an absolutely immediate impact in their first two Tests before trying something else.
Haha mate... Harris and Lyon have taken most of the wickets in this series but there has been little else from the other two quicks, guys like Siddle and Hilfenhaus were dropped because they weren't picking enough wickets but you then atleast expect their replacement to come in and do better than them.

I have nothing against Copeland but for me he just doesn't have the tools to get wickets on flat test pitches and that's something that's gonna hamper the whole bowling attack in their quest for the 20 wickets required to win a test match.

Last edited:

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Copeland is just a replacement for Andrew McDonald. Suprised they didn't go back to big Ronald if they wanted a line and length merchant at 75mph!

McDonald is capable of Test 50's and the odd ton. Copeland isn't!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lyon hasn't looked like a taking a wicket imo

[/tryingtogetalyoniscrapdiscussiongoingforthepurposeofmypostgetting4/4)

adub

International Captain
Lyon's bowling has gone to ****. Need to bring Beer back for the last test.

[/how'sthatspikey?]

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Can Johnson pitch it up PLEASE! Watson too. Just bowling hip length balls that are easily worked to leg.

uvelocity

International Coach
Copeland is just a replacement for Andrew McDonald. Suprised they didn't go back to big Ronald if they wanted a line and length merchant at 75mph!

McDonald is capable of Test 50's and the odd ton. Copeland isn't!
ronald mcdonald is nothing like the bowler copeland is. plus copeland can bat a bit, has a first class 50. plus he can keep and hads can have a bowl.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
come on, this entire Watson over he hasn't pitched ONE ball up, every single one way short of a length played with ease. PITCH IT UP.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Haha mate... Harris and Lyon have taken most of the wickets in this series but there has been little else from the other two quicks, guys like Siddle and Hilfenhaus were dropped because they weren't picking enough wickets but you then atleast expect their replacement to come in and do better than them.

I have nothing against Copeland but for me he just doesn't have the tools to get wickets on flat test pitches and that's something that's gonna hamper the whole bowling attack in their quest for the 20 wickets required to win a test match.
Who do you think has the tools to get these guys out on these flat wickets out of the Australian bowlers?

Considering that scores like 500 were sometimes wracked up against teams with McGrath and Warne in them.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Has to be one of the more frustrating day's cricket of late.
Very late, after Day 1 Melbourne, this is a walk in the Park. We are probably not going to lose the match after all and these two have eaten better attacks than this for lunch at home.

Lyon is doing ok, he has created chances.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a great day for us. Still, we're ahead of the game, even if Sri Lanka's batting has finally clicked.