• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Looks a different pitch with their opening bowlers BTW.
It looked a different pitch as soon as the ball got soft, tbh. There was never really that much in it.
Speaking of the pitch, whether anyone thinks there was really much in it for the bowlers or not, was anyone else thoroughly disappointed (and surprised) with Holding's comments stating that he believes ODI pitches should have very little, or nothing, in it for the bowlers?

Was astounded itbt. Especially coming from a former bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How the **** did he miss that, dead straight ball.
His head fell completely over to the off side and he couldn't see the ball when he played the shot. It's something he used to do quite a bit before he corrected it (which resulted in the opposite problem of nicking off defending way outside off for a while). Every so often you still see it creep into his game but he's largely eliminated it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Giving that Kieswetter is blocking three or four balls before playing a premeditated shot as soon as he feels he has to, why is he bothering with the blocks?

Jacknife

International Captain
His head fell completely over to the off side and he couldn't see the ball when he played the shot. It's something he used to do quite a bit before he corrected it (which resulted in the opposite problem of nicking off defending way outside off for a while). Every so often you still see it creep into his game but he's largely eliminated it.
I knew you'd sort me out on the technical side of the dismissal mate.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of the pitch, whether anyone thinks there was really much in it for the bowlers or not, was anyone else thoroughly disappointed (and surprised) with Holding's comments stating that he believes ODI pitches should have very little, or nothing, in it for the bowlers?

I thought what he was saying was nonsense, particularly as the weather conditions just combined for todays morning, and it's the Oval FFS, not any type of minefield. India couldn't play a little bit of seam and swing, boo-hoo.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Yeah it was complete nonsense; you might as well just wheel out a bowling machine if you're going to insist on no assistance for the bowlers.

Jacknife

International Captain

Yes it did, I like Holding but he talks bollocks when it comes to road pitches for ODi's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did a quick search. Can't find out what reason he wasn't selected. Don't mind if its the latter tbh. Don't mind that at all, even with the dross the rest are serving up here.
Yeah, he was actually pretty decent in his last stint and some of the bowlers picked ahead of him for this series are clearly rubbish at the moment but he's a bowler I've never really had any time for at all so I don't think there will be too many tears from fans if he just disappears.

And a drop off Jadeja. MOTM - telling you. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Impossible. Run rate will never be an issue in this chase. Its all out or nothing for India.