• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's always been a bit gun IMO. He was just in a rut he found he hard to get out of, rarely came in to bat in a situation that suited his game of building an innings (unlike here), was bascially hated by millions and under-performed as a result. I think it was all a bit much for a 20 year old; he could be a really important cricketer for India going forward though as I've said before.
2009 T20 World Cup sent him back in development 2 years really. It was the team strategists' fault for sending him up the order vs. England. Not his.

Jacknife

International Captain
RP is getting through his action a bit better today; he's reminding me a little more of the 2007 version. Still looks a shadow of the bowler he was though, and he was never any better than decent then anyway, but it's slightly better signs for him.
Yes I was just about to post the same operating around 86mph it says on the clock, doesn't look it mind.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Nehra still out from that finger injury or have India just finally decided they aren't going to pick him anymore?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope no-one (not around here, but the media) mentions Trott and Cooks low run-rate if we win. It's what is needed with this target.

I only mention it, because there seems to be a slathering zeitgeist against these two, whilst oddly ignoring the run-rates of Bell & Bop.

Looks a different pitch with their opening bowlers BTW.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised by how well CK's batted so far. The only way he'll get through the swing is to do exactly that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I really hope no-one (not around here, but the media) mentions Trott and Cooks low run-rate if we win. It's what is needed with this target.

I only mention it, because there seems to be a slathering zeitgeist against these two, whilst oddly ignoring the run-rates of Bell & Bop.
Exactly. With this kind of target a couple of steady 70 (100)s from those two will see us to the win. If we get ahead of the rate early on - presumably CK's job - we should just knock off the singles on the way there like in the 2nd ODI.

Looks a different pitch with their opening bowlers BTW.
It looked a different pitch as soon as the ball got soft, tbh. There was never really that much in it.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It looked a different pitch as soon as the ball got soft, tbh. There was never really that much in it.
Yes, I said that earlier, but I was remarking even with the hard ball it looked not quite as threatening.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There is no reason for Munaf to get hammered here. It's a good pitch for his style of bowling and he should enjoy bowling to Kieswetter as well. Instead of bowling his natural length - which he often gets criticised for in Tests but would be perfect here - though, he's dishing up half volleys. WTF, man?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is Nehra still out from that finger injury or have India just finally decided they aren't going to pick him anymore?
Did a quick search. Can't find out what reason he wasn't selected. Don't mind if its the latter tbh. Don't mind that at all, even with the dross the rest are serving up here.

Good wicket that.