• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jadeja isn't going to get MOTM here btw; didn't get a bet on in time. Looks like he'll have a chance to play a proper innings though...

hazsa19

International Regular
Got to question the pitch here. In Test Matches I have no problem with tailoring pitches to suit us, every country does it.

But in odi's i'm with Michael Holding. He thinks we should produce belters to prepare us for playing abroad; where we always suck.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Got to question the pitch here. In Test Matches I have no problem with tailoring pitches to suit us, every country does it.

But in odi's i'm with Michael Holding. He thinks we should produce belters to prepare us for playing abroad; where we always suck.
Nah, forward planning for a 2019 World Cup success FTW.

Jacknife

International Captain

Not really the pitch though is it, like they've just said, it's been under cover for days because of the constant rain we've had not much you can do about that.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Why is every wicket to suit the home side "tailored"? England play well on wickets like this because you get them all the time. It's September, it's cold, it's cloudy, it's been wet. There's very little they could have done.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

I think its good to have a bit of both. Should always be entitled to home advantage but not necessarily produce a green seamer every game, which is what we've done so far this season. Doesn't make sense to produce a belter just cause it would help us overseas, should we produce low turners in Tests just to help us in India?

Oh and get Broad on.