• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** me dead...that's atrocious!

Maybe he named it after this:

Well you never know, Beckham called his kid Brooklyn as it was conceived there and one of our rowers named there son after the beach where he was on holiday. Maybe Ponting is following the celebrity trend.:laugh:

adub

International Captain
Copeland not getting another bowl after his short post-lunch stint the only complaint about a pretty good all-round performance. The less said about the Lankan batting the better. We were good, and the pitch especially early gave a little for the bowlers, but 174 is about half of par.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just watching the replay, seems like Australia bowled well but half those dismissals were absolutely awful, especially PJ and Sangakkara.

I liked the look of Harris' ball to get Samaraweera, really seamed in. Suggests there's something in the deck, but I'm willing to bet that Sri Lanka just don't have the pace to exploit what little there is.

flibbertyjibber

Over to the bats now. Bet Marsh is nervous so Sri Lanka could yet get back in it as Australia can easily be 20-2. quite quickly.

Couldn't have gone much better for the Aussies though so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just watching the replay, seems like Australia bowled well but half those dismissals were absolutely awful, especially PJ and Sangakkara.

I liked the look of Harris' ball to get Samaraweera, really seamed in. Suggests there's something in the deck, but I'm willing to bet that Sri Lanka just don't have the pace to exploit what little there is.
TBH Harris was the only one to get any movement after the first hour - Watson and Copeland weren't getting a thing out of the pitch. Lyon got some bounce, which you'd expect.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Copeland got it moving around a bit. I think both Sri Lankan pacers are quicker than him. His height gives him a bit of an advantage too though. And his accuracy.

Edit: I only watched the first hour though. Seems it changed a bit later on.

Top_Cat

Hughes furthering my theory he's the new Graeme Wood and it seems Watson = Ric Darling.

Spikey

That was pretty much the first ball to seam for about a hour tbh. Cricinfo pitch report said something in the pitch in the first session, easy to bat from there, and that's how it turned out