• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
There's been a lot of discussion on Marsh in this thread, the majority of it criticism (and some of that justified). It seems though that Marsh himself is aware of the issues we've been discussing. I wub him even more after reading that, and I hope that some of the 'haters' on CW might gain a bit of respect for him too.

Cue a Darsh pair on debut.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's kinda fitting that Marsh is getting his test cap through another person's injury rather than reasons to do with form

edit injury? uh

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Similarly I can show you that SL bowlers (even non-Murali ones) have done well against England at home. Similarly, put any SL bowler on home turf against England, they'd tend to do well.

FFS, Jayasuriya averages 22 against them with the ball, and even crap like Fernando averages 37 against them. Welegedara for record averages 19.
Eh? what are you going on about SL bowlers in England for, we are talking about playing in SL, where Australia currently are and England are going to be in the not too distant future.

Jacknife

International Captain
Players retired has no value with their stats.

Anderson has a history of struggling on slow pitches, but may do well in Kandy.
Tremlett expected to be good, but will only be a shadow of what he is in England
Braod will be crap on SL wickets.
Bresnan will do well if he gets reverse. But having said that Lankans are very good against reverse swing.
Finn - no one knows what will happen
Swann - will do well. But won't be as effective against Pakistan or other non-SC countries against SL.
Panesar was woeful with the ball.

So there's nothing much in it in terms of bowling. England bowlers are as inexperienced in Sl conditions as SL bowlers were in England.
You haven't got a clue how they'll bowl out there and how will Broad be crap? LOL there's nothing much in terms of bowling, with all due resepect to Australia they've just come over and royally turned you over in the first test.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's kinda fitting that Marsh is getting his test cap through another person's injury rather than reasons to do with form

edit injury? uh
should be noted mrs punter ponting no doubt will be suffering from injury so i guess my post was fine in the first place

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
If the bowler is poor doesn't matter how much help he gets. Yes he will get the odd one to help him but not enough. Imagine if Murali or Warne had been on that pitch?
Batting on that pitch wasn't exactly like picking daisies. Credit to Clarke, Hussey and Mahela, they batted exceedingly well in fairly testing conditions where so many others failed. Warne and Murali are once in a lifetime type bowlers and would probably have been too much for anyone. Those two can be dangerous on a greentop ffs.We are unlikely to see those sort of bowlers anytime soon. Till we do lets be satisfied with the Swanns, Heraths and Lyons of the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't watch much of the test. Was the pitch as bad as the players and ICC are bitching about? Or is it a case of the "test wicket that heavily favours spin bowlers is not allowed"?