• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

adub

International Captain
You think.....unless we get to 293, this will be the 5th lowest first innings score at Galle (18 Tests)...with 3 of the 4 lower scores losing the Test..

...but then again Aus also has the 4th lowest who made 220 on their last tour and won by 197 runs ;)
Just because it's the same ground doesn't make it the same conditions. It's hard work out there.

adub

International Captain
ah the old "we've bowled really well and have em 9-fer so lets spread the field" trick.

I think it worked once last century.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Start batting a bit more aggressively obvs, but I don't think he should go crazy. Don't think he should be turning down singles if they give them to him either. Lyon is not ****.
I wouldn't be giving Lyon the strike for more than 2 or so balls an over tbf. No point in it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Start batting a bit more aggressively obvs, but I don't think he should go crazy. Don't think he should be turning down singles if they give them to him either. Lyon is not ****.
Can't rely on Lyon to survive too many on his debut in such conditions tbh.

Should take most strike and attack.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think 250 is par tbh. Look at our innings, we really needed another top order batsman to stick around like Hussey has done. That's why I'm pretty annoyed at Ponting and how he got out.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think 250 is par tbh. Look at our innings, we really needed another top order batsman to stick around like Hussey has done. That's why I'm pretty annoyed at Ponting and how he got out.
It's not par but it's palatable.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Has a good yorker Lakmal.

Don't think he's bowled any better than he did against us though. Plenty of full tosses and half volleys and no more swing.