• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Riggins

International Captain
Thought it was just missing at the time aswell, got to use the review in that situation surely!

Having said that, Copeland looks like a much better player than Harris.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You don't rate Dhoni at all:p

Reckon Prior would be similar to Haddin here and commit on his front foot too much here.

Dhoni can play late on the backfoot and use his feet to attack much better.
Prior is gun against spin. Averaged 41 against Sri Lanka in his first tour there while regularly coming in in pressure situations facing Murali. Convinced me more in that one series as a batsman than Dhoni ever has, and he's a better batsman now than he was then. Still has issues with fast bowlers moving the ball back into him, especially the full swinging ball, but against spin in a situation like this there definitely aren't any current Test keepers I'd take ahead of him as a batsman and there wouldn't be many current non-SC batsmen full stop.

I reckon you vastly over-rate Dhoni's Test batting credentials tbh.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Nah it's completely the case.

Does Copeland's batting remind anyone of Lee?
I thought that aswell, body moves in a similar way making shots.
Another 4, he looks more comfortable then rhino and johnson did when they first came out...