• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ponting threw it away; the rest were just good balls. Khawaja was definitely a bit lazy in his defence but no doubt it was a top ball, especially to someone who bats as he does. It's really been good bowling; I agree.
bit harsh there. was enticed by the flight..
it's the equivalent of a batsman looking to drive a bowl outside offstump off a fast bowler and then ending up edging it behind due to some swing movement

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
350 - 400 here would be a very good score. The pitch is two-paced, uneven, and turning. Something in it for almost every bowler really. And it will only get worse

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Being positive doesn't mean you gotta slog the bowlers, positive batting means rotating the strike regularly and making the most of every scoring opportunity which is something we haven't been able to do, on the contrary we have been overly cautious and on wicket like this where no matter how much time you spend out there you as batsman can get out at anytime.
Yeah, that's fair enough. Hussey was a bit tentative earlier, but now he's really rotating the strike well. As PEWS said, the run rate is fine for this track. Speaking as a captain, if my batsmen score at 2.5 rpo and pile on 400 runs in 5 sessions on this track, I'd gratefully accept that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
bit harsh there. was enticed by the flight..
it's the equivalent of a batsman looking to drive a bowl outside offstump off a fast bowler and then ending up edging it behind due to some swing movement
Haha preaching to the choir here; I'm an offie who loves giving it lots of air. There was simply no need to be playing so many lofted shots at the time though IMO. Using his feet was the right idea but he should've been playing normal cricket when he got down the pitch which so few Australian batsmen do.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haddin plays one of the three shots he owns against spin. By far the best of the three; I'm not a big fan of the premeditated slog sweep from deep in the crease or the attempted Ian Bell glide to third man off balls that aren't anywhere near short enough.