• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

pup11

International Coach
Meh. I don't mind at all if we have one of two batsman going slow as long as it doesn't impact on the guy up the other end, like it did with Ponting.

Still 399 overs potentially left in this Test match. 27 runs not out from 12.4 overs is not an issue.
Not against a gritty grind but not sure this wicket really suits that sort of batting, Hussey basically has blocked all the flow of runs from his end which has just allowed the bowlers to get on top.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
uh at 4/100 odd i think the bowlers are on top and hussey swinging wildly wouldn't change that

Burgey

Dammit. Right on tea.

This doesn't look like a deck where you're really in. Looks a Hussey deck, and don't we need him.

adub

International Captain
Following this at work on cricinfo...thoughts on a par first innings score?
ask me after the Lankans bat.

seriously anything over 250 will be a good effort and give us a shot. You don't want to be batting last on this deck.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dammit. Right on tea.

This doesn't look like a deck where you're really in. Looks a Hussey deck, and don't we need him.
That's a fair point...am looking forward to seeing us bowl. Although would prefer it didn't happen too soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's often said that you need to see both teams bowl on a wicket before assessing it but in Sri Lanka I'd tend to say the opposite is true and that you need to see both teams bat as Sangakarra, Jayawadene and Samaraweera can make tricky pitches at home look like absolute roads, even against good attacks. The pitch is definitely doing a bit and it looks like it could well get worse so 275 is probably 'par' but I'm reserving judgement. Bring on the splinters.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
By whom? Just showed all the dismissals. Three at least were to very good nuts.
Ponting threw it away; the rest were just good balls. Khawaja was definitely a bit lazy in his defence but no doubt it was a top ball, especially to someone who bats as he does. It's really been good bowling; I agree.

adub

International Captain
By whom? Just showed all the dismissals. Three at least were to very good nuts.
Certainly none of the dismissals have been off rubbish balls. Good pressure bowling and the wicket balls have generally done something (or surprising failed to do anything in Clarke's case) and beaten the batsmen. You can always say a batsman should have played a good ball better than they did, but in the real world...

Burgey

It's often said that you need to see both teams bowl on a wicket before assessing it but in Sri Lanka I'd tend to say the opposite is true and that you need to see both teams bat as Sangakarra, Jayawadene and Samaraweera can make tricky pitches at home look like absolute roads, even against good attacks. The pitch is definitely doing a bit and it looks like it could well get worse so 275 is probably 'par' but I'm reserving judgement. Bring on the splinters.
Look mate,
I don't want to be a pedant. But if both teams have batted on the deck, then both have also bowled.

pup11

International Coach
uh at 4/100 odd i think the bowlers are on top and hussey swinging wildly wouldn't change that
Despite all the grit shown by Hussey and others we still would get bowled under 200, now what I'm saying is that had we batted a bit more positively we might have pushed the bowlers out of their comfort zone which would have made life a lot more easier for our batters.

Last edited: