• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I don't mind this grind at all. This is just good tough sub continental test cricket. The Lankan's supposedly pop-gun attack has been more than handy. I'm enjoying this.
Seconded! He's putting a price on his wicket on a dicey track. I love this battle of attrition.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All six batsmen have got starts so far. It's a wicket you're never really in on but Australia really do need someone to go on with one of these eventually as I don't have a lot of faith in Haddin or Johnson against good spin and while #9-11 can all bat, it'd be a big ask for three players with such little experience to offer much in such alien conditions.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought it was missing by more than that when I saw the replay actually...am surprised it's only 1 stump wide.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hussey really doing neither himself nor the team any favours; he has allowed the bowlers to dictate terms and in conditions like these where as a batsmen you can get out at any time its highly important that you remain busy at the crease rather then dropping anchor.
This post sums up what is wrong with Australian cricket and the mentality it has.

I can only imagine you've formed this opinion due to listening to Ian Chappell and Ian Healy in the commentary box, or watching Australia at their peak a few years ago when we had ATG players.

Test cricket is slow, at times boring, but that is test cricket. We DON'T have those batsmen any more. What we do have is a number of talented players who are good in their own right. They SHOULDN'T try and bat how our lineup did in the late 90's/early 2000's.

This is test match cricket, day one no less. 200-250 at stumps is plenty if you've got wickets in hand and established men at the crease.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Hussey really doing neither himself nor the team any favours; he has allowed the bowlers to dictate terms and in conditions like these where as a batsmen you can get out at any time its highly important that you remain busy at the crease rather then dropping anchor.
Nah he's doing ok. It's fairly tough out there, throwing his wicket away going for runs isn't the way to go.

Hads would have been proud of that gate.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This post sums up what is wrong with Australian cricket and the mentality it has.

I can only imagine you've formed this opinion due to listening to Ian Chappell and Ian Healy in the commentary box, or watching Australia at their peak a few years ago when we had ATG players.

Test cricket is slow, at times boring, but that is test cricket. We DON'T have those batsmen any more. What we do have is a number of talented players who are good in their own right. They SHOULDN'T try and bat how our lineup did in the late 90's/early 2000's.

This is test match cricket, day one no less. 200-250 at stumps is plenty if you've got wickets in hand and established men at the crease.
:thumbsup: