• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Guy looks unsettled by the one that got between bat and pad last over. Is scampering risky singles really the need of the hour? Just settle down, think of this as your SCG track (plenty of Oz faces in the crowd too) and play your normal game! :cool:

pup11

International Coach
Hussey really doing neither himself nor the team any favours; he has allowed the bowlers to dictate terms and in conditions like these where as a batsmen you can get out at any time its highly important that you remain busy at the crease rather then dropping anchor.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hussey's the man. Wish the Aussie selectors took the advice from some of the guys on here and dropped him for some guy with a sub 40 FC average.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hussey's the man. Wish the Aussie selectors took the advice from some of the guys on here and dropped him for some guy with a sub 40 FC average.
Think the suggestion was that he be dropped for Khawaja, who definitely isn't a sub-40 FC average kind of guy. Was averaging over 50 at the time.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Hussey really doing neither himself nor the team any favours; he has allowed the bowlers to dictate terms and in conditions like these where as a batsmen you can get out at any time its highly important that you remain busy at the crease rather then dropping anchor.
Nah, they need Hussey to grind things out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, do not bowl short to Khawaja. Especially at this pace, and especially on this wicket. Just don't even bother; save your boundary-riders the energy.

And yes, I have a distinctly TT Boy feeling about this post. If he gets out hooking it's definitely my fault.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Lakmal is noticeably quicker in this spell. This pitch has some dividends if you slam it down on the seam on a slightly shortish length. Not nonsensical half-trackers, but heavy balls muscled down and slanting across.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hussey's only on 27....and instead we dropped the guy with an average of 50 opening for a guy with tremendous talent yes but imo would be better off having another season in FC cricket.

That said Hussey isn't gonna throw away a start like Ponting and Clarke. I guess he's got that in his favour

adub

International Captain
I don't mind this grind at all. This is just good tough sub continental test cricket. The Lankan's supposedly pop-gun attack has been more than handy. I'm enjoying this.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Meh. I don't mind at all if we have one of two batsman going slow as long as it doesn't impact on the guy up the other end, like it did with Ponting.

Still 399 overs potentially left in this Test match. 27 runs not out from 12.4 overs is not an issue.