• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

adub

International Captain
Give the bowler credit. Good pill. Tossed it up to invite him out, did him in the flight and spun it to the outside half. Quality spin bowling.

Spark

Global Moderator
Give the bowler credit. Good pill. Tossed it up to invite him out, did him in the flight and spun it to the outside half. Quality spin bowling.
Herath has bowled really well tbf. Mixed up his flight and arm ball really well.

Hopefully this is genuinely a hard pitch to bat on and not just us being dumb.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good package today. 3 wickets to the slow left-armer - one to classical spin, second to the armer and the third deceived by flight.
This guy pretty much has flight as his only main weapon. His whole game seems to be built up around that. Use of crease angles and depths add to his game. This pitch is making him look like a proper turner of the ball which he isn't. Just my two cents!

Spark

Global Moderator
Good package today. 3 wickets to the slow left-armer - one to classical spin, second to the armer and the third deceived by flight.
This guy pretty much has flight as his only main weapon. His whole game seems to be built up around that. Use of crease angles and depths add to his game. This pitch is making him look like a proper turner of the ball which he isn't. Just my two cents!
Yeah that ball to Watto literally is the first ball I've watched him seriously turn, and that obviously makes him far more dangerous.

If Clarke is up to bowling, we could have some lols on the 4th-5th day.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yeah that ball to Watto literally is the first ball I've watched him seriously turn, and that obviously makes him far more dangerous.

If Clarke is up to bowling, we could have some lols on the 4th-5th day.
Yeah, if Murali or Warne were playing on this track, this game would never last beyond four days. Had both been playing, I'd give two days and possibly two sessions. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Don't think any batsmen has really thrown his wicket away, its just that we have just been awful against spin and the fact that the pitch is already playing tricks just has added to our woes.

Would take some doing for us to get to 250 odd from here and batting positively from here on is our best chance of reaching that milestone.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Copeland, Harris, Lyon is just a standard tail I think, nothing special but if they have a batsman with them they can potentially last a while.
What what what?! Immense tail is immense. All three are capable of batting at 8 or 9.

Spark

Global Moderator
We might not need that many to have a good score, but nonetheless this is a huge wasted opportunity - it was so useful to bat first.