• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have preferred as a neutral to watch the Aussies bowl tbh.
Yeah, AWTA.

Lose-lose when Australia are batting. If Australia pile on the runs it'll be pretty dull cricket watching Sri Lankan trundlers get milked for two days, and if Australia get rolled it'll just be disappointing. Looking forward to seeing Australia's new bowling lineup in action much more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, AWTA.

Lose-lose when Australia are batting. If Australia pile on the runs it'll be pretty dull cricket watching Sri Lankan trundlers get milked for two days, and if Australia get rolled it'll just be disappointing. Looking forward to seeing Australia's new bowling lineup in action much more.
Watching our middle order score runs has been a rare luxury at late. I'd not complain if we got 600 (and I like watching them all, so that helps)

Jayzamann

International Regular
It's a win-win in terms of getting the crims to help out with the covers. They get time away from the clink, get to see a game of cricket, and the game itself goes ahead as quickly as possible with all the extra labour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, AWTA.

Would gladly watch Watson against medium pace half volleys all day though. Beautiful drives.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is lol. Were SL not paying attention at all during the Ashes? Mid-off needs to be much much straighter.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Has Mendis seriously been left out because they've started to pick his bowling? That's a pretty damning reflection of his bowling, really needing the ere of surprise to do any real damage, otherwise he's kept under wraps.

Spark

Global Moderator
Has Mendis seriously been left out because they've started to pick his bowling? That's a pretty damning reflection of his bowling, really needing the ere of surprise to do any real damage, otherwise he's kept under wraps.
Barely turns it, doesn't get any significant bounce, doesn't vary his flight or pace a lot. There really is little to recommend him beyond the mystery.

Jacknife

International Captain
Fair number of Aussies in the crowd, I bet with there being no tests in the last 8 months a few of made a trip of it.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Cant believe Mendis isn't playing, no team has managed to face him all that well in the first time they have faced him in a test. I know the Indians worked him out but our guys aren't that smart.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cant believe Mendis isn't playing, no team has managed to face him all that well in the first time they have faced him in a test. I know the Indians worked him out but our guys aren't that smart.
He got flogged in county cricket before the Eng-SL series. Says it all, really.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Every run Hughes makes drives the knife in further. Here I am sat in my pj's watching him play test match cricket (and posting about it on the internet, no less)

We're born on the same say.