• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's pretty weird to see an australian bowler with a eco rate below 2 and then being confident it's below 2 'cause he's bowling well, not because he's bowling miles outside off

flibbertyjibber

Neither spinner setting the world on fire atm.
Think they are going to get hammered in the tests to be honest. Mahela and Sangakarra will eat them alive.

If Australia do well with the ball it will be the pacemen doing the business, hopefully Copeland.

Spikey

with the series 1-1 i'm predicting hauritz to make a heroic return to bowling and make his own way to sl and play, possibly after 'disposing' of lyon and beer, and win us the last test

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
If we have multiple youngsters who are in form, they must play in place of someone like Hussey. I would never pick Marsh over Usman, but maybe i'd pick Marsh at some stage this season over Hussey if Hussey doesn't average 40 in SL or SA. Throwing out Katich shouldn't be the only change to the batting order if we still aren't making 350+ scores. The only worry i have about Marsh is that he is never consistent in ANY form of the game he's played, gets either nothing for 5 or 6 innings then 50/100.

Ruckus

International Captain
The only worry i have about Marsh is that he is never consistent in ANY form of the game he's played, gets either nothing for 5 or 6 innings then 50/100.
Yeah exactly, it's Marcus North all over. We just need to be patient with some of the up-and-coming players, give them some more time in Shield cricket and hope Hussey can hold his own for a while longer. If it was up to me though, I'd love to see Katich replace Hussey if he fails in the short term. Think Katich would make a fine no. 5.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Spinners being played as though they've got a combined average of 44.

Be tempted to play neither. They're just who the Sri Lankans want to face.

robelinda

Yeah exactly, it's Marcus North all over. We just need to be patient with some of the up-and-coming players, give them some more time in Shield cricket and hope Hussey can hold his own for a while longer. If it was up to me though, I'd love to see Katich replace Hussey if he fails in the short term. Think Katich would make a fine no. 5.
The other thing about Marsh is the really soft dismissals, like he isn't even trying. I guess Im just used to guys like Steve Waugh- if he nicked it, it was a good ball. Seeing guys like Hughes get out to nothing balls in very upsetting for the Aussie viewer.

Aside from Usman, there are not many young guys with good records in FC cricket. I really like the look of Chris Lynn, well the look of batting not his profile photo! If he has a good season I'd back him in test cricket.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah, reckon Nic Maddinson will prove to be pretty good as well. Modelled his game of guys like Hussey too, so probably would be a suitable replacement. Only time will tell though, I guess.

robelinda

Yep impressed with Nic. Watching him bat I couldn't believe he was so young. Good to see a young guy that likes to play proper long innings, excellent concentration, these guys have to be persisted with.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I love watching Shaun Marsh bat, but he's purely a short-term measure. I just can't see him having the temperament for a proper test career. I don't think he's confident enough and he has concentration issues.

Makes the game look so easy at times though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha none of us know.

At this stage I reckon Beer's ahead. I don't think either of them are going to be very threatening at all but Beer looks more capable of keeping it tight.

Useful match, though. Spinner aside, gave us some nice anvil-sized suggestions for the team make up. And it definitely looks like Clarke and Hughes are in nick.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha none of us know.

At this stage I reckon Beer's ahead. I don't think either of them are going to be very threatening at all but Beer looks more capable of keeping it tight.

Useful match, though. Spinner aside, gave us some nice anvil-sized suggestions for the team make up.
Why can't we just have Hauritz :(